This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9 Email Protection

Good day!

I'm just new to Sophos. May I ask if what are the requirements for settings up my email protection?.

- my own domain = Checked

-Static IP address how many would I need?.

Thank you

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Louie,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community.

Additionally to a domain and your mail server, you need to have preferably a static IP address (one should be fine), you need to also add an MX record on your Public DNS (the platform where you purchased your domain name usually) to point to the Public IP/FQDN of your domain.

And make sure port 25 is open for inbound and outbound communication from your ISP side.

In the UTM you can follow this KB article on the basic configuration for Email Protection for UTM.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • Hello Louie,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community.

Additionally to a domain and your mail server, you need to have preferably a static IP address (one should be fine), you need to also add an MX record on your Public DNS (the platform where you purchased your domain name usually) to point to the Public IP/FQDN of your domain.

And make sure port 25 is open for inbound and outbound communication from your ISP side.

In the UTM you can follow this KB article on the basic configuration for Email Protection for UTM.

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
Children
No Data