This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"Auto-generated rule" blocks IP

Hello folks,

i'm testimg with SMTP settings right and have approximately five failed logins. Now the source IP of my host is blocked completely by sophos.

In Firewall Packet Filter Log i see the following entries , but this conerns every packet that is now generated by 192.168.130.90.

192.168.130.1 is my sophos. 

09:16:48 Auto-generated rule UDP  
192.168.130.90 : 39846
192.168.130.1 : 53

There is no packet filter rule that corresponds with this behaviour. I guess it was created automatically for 24 hours as i have seen this behaviour for some time. But how can i revert these settings for these trustworthy hosts?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Alone among the logs, the Firewall Live Log presents abbreviated information in a format easier to read quickly.  Usually, you can't troubleshoot without looking at the corresponding line from the full Firewall log file.  Please post the line corresponding to the one above.  If you prefer, obfuscate IPs like 84.XX.YY.121, 10.X.Y.100, 192.168.X.200 and 172.2X.Y.51.  That lets us see immediately which IPs are local and which are identical or just in the same subnet.

What login is failing?  What do you see?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Alone among the logs, the Firewall Live Log presents abbreviated information in a format easier to read quickly.  Usually, you can't troubleshoot without looking at the corresponding line from the full Firewall log file.  Please post the line corresponding to the one above.  If you prefer, obfuscate IPs like 84.XX.YY.121, 10.X.Y.100, 192.168.X.200 and 172.2X.Y.51.  That lets us see immediately which IPs are local and which are identical or just in the same subnet.

What login is failing?  What do you see?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children