This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Supermicro X10SDV-TP8F - 10Gbps interface not recognized

Hi all,

bought Supermicro X10SDV-TP8F - 6 onboard 1 Gbps interfaces are recognized, the two 10Gbps SFP+ (D-1500 SoC) interfaces are not listed in the software UTM interfaces.

Is there any way to tell the Sophos software UTM that additional network interfaces are there?

Thanks in advance

Raymond

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • The UTM almost certainly doesn't have drivers for those... that's why it can't see them. The UTM does support some 10GBe ports, but seems not yours: sophserv.sophos.com/.../118185_HCL9001.pdf

• Hi,

okay, that these OnBoard 10Gbps SFP+ are now not recognized during the installation, BUT

1. this Supermicro motherboard is a very good base for an firewall, relative cheap, powerful and pointing to the future, due to SFP+ and SR-IOV etc.
    2. why is this intel onboard chipset NOT YET in the HCL ?
    3. Can we post install an nic to the UTM?

Thanks

Raymond

• 1) Agreed it's very nice

2) Sophos UTM is Linux based - so if the drivers for your specific chipset are not compiled in the kernel then it's not going to work. I don't know why they are not in the HCL - maybe not enough demand, too new... something else.... who knows.

3) Possibly, someone else will be along to tell you if it's possible though as it's beyond me. It would require recompiling the kernel at a guess.

• Hi, it's the same from my site. We have also bought 2 Supermicro Servers with the same board and are wondering that the NIC's are not recognized from the firewall. I've tried with the latest Sophos UTM firmware AND with the Sophos XG firewall. Both are not recognizing the interfaces. 

I've tested with a free pfsense firewall -> all NIC's are recognized and working.

I would appreciate any help we can get.

• Hi, it's the same from my site. We have also bought 2 Supermicro Servers with the same board and are wondering that the NIC's are not recognized from the firewall. I've tried with the latest Sophos UTM firmware AND with the Sophos XG firewall. Both are not recognizing the interfaces. 

I've tested with a free pfsense firewall -> all NIC's are recognized and working.

I would appreciate any help we can get.

Children
  • If you are commercial users of the UTM then you could ask your reseller to add the 10gb interfaces to the feature list.

If home users then you will have to wait until Sophos sees there is a need to add the driver to the kernel.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.