This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Reliable PowerEdge SC 440 comes to an end...

Hello everyone

I have been running UTM on the Dell PowerEdge SC 440 for over 15yrs and it finally stop working.  Xfinity bumped my Internet speed to 800Mbps, so I thought it might be time for a new modem (Surfboard Board S33).  Shutting down the PowerEdge and replaced the modem and it never came back on....:((

Anyway, I've posted on here asking for hardware recommendation before about few months ago.  I was about to order from Aliexpress

TOPTON

Mini Router Intel Celeron J4125 Fanless Mini PC 4 Intel i211 LAN w/16GB DDR4 and 256GB SSD for around $300

As I am in need of a new HR, but it will take approx 30 days to ship from China.  Anyone recently order something similar from Amazon that is comparable, since I don't want to wait 30 days.  

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Personally, I think that they don't perform well and have hardware issues coming out of the factory.  Intel, I believe created three revisions of that hardware, and I think it's the third revision (B3) that is worry-free.  Problem is, they have a LOT of the first two revisions integrated into motherboards out there, and there is ample supply of them still around.  If you have the third revision on that board, you should be fine, but they were littered with hardware flaws and issues that created disconnects, packet loss, etc.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

Children