This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Issue with multi core CPU on new install

Hello,

I'm trying to install UTM 9 home edition on a new Zimaboard 832 singleboard server

It's based on Intel Celeron Processor 'Apollo Lake'
N3450 / 4 Cores
1.1GHz base frequency
2.2GHz Burst
2MB L2 cache

It has Dual Realtek NIC 

2x GbE LAN Ports
Realtek 8111H

What works:

- installing with "default nosmp" mode 
- disabling 3 cores in BIOS and installing normally

But then, I have only 1 core used

What doesn't work:
- installing with 4 cores enabled

- enabling 3 cores after installing with only 1 core enabled.

My question is:

is there a way to get UTM 9 to install/run on the 4 cores ?

I'd really like to keep using UTM since I've had it running since UTM 5 (I think), and I don't want to configure an entire new PFsense platform -_- 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Well, the Realtek NICs are certainly not ideal and the drivers for them in UTM are crap. 

I'll see what I can find on the CPU you have, but you shouldn't have an issue with all cores enabled and you will need them for Snort, as its single-threaded still /boggle.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• I'm actually looking at the product and it looks similar to something like a Raspberry Pi type device, which from my experiences doesn't play well at all with UTM.  You may want to see if you can get XG loaded on it, as I would be curious about it.  However, you won't be able to migrate your configuration from UTM to XG unless you have reseller/support options available to you.  Us heathens don't get access to primitive tools.  Stuck out tongue

It may not be your CPU at all - it might be the device itself.

• I'm actually looking at the product and it looks similar to something like a Raspberry Pi type device, which from my experiences doesn't play well at all with UTM.  You may want to see if you can get XG loaded on it, as I would be curious about it.  However, you won't be able to migrate your configuration from UTM to XG unless you have reseller/support options available to you.  Us heathens don't get access to primitive tools.  Stuck out tongue

It may not be your CPU at all - it might be the device itself.

Children