This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upload Home License from CLI

Hi,

Is it possible to upload a home license from the CLI?

For family members, I built and admin a few Sophos UTM boxes (custom hardware, home licenses) - like, my parents and sister.  I usually have IPSec tunnels up.  I missed a license expiration for my parents, and unfortunately my parents are actually at my sister's...and wondering why they can't access certain things at home (IPsec tunnels usually link us all - they were saying "x" is down, but X is up...the tunnel is down!).

I walked them through getting a new home license...but  they can't install it unless they go home, right?  Can I install it via CLI (I have SSH access).  The Webadmin is not exposed to the internet, only the LAN and other networks via IPSec tunnels (which are down).  Is the only thing I can do is wait until someone is on the LAN (I don't have a way to remotely access that network other than the UTM!).

What happens if I reboot the UTM; will it switch to a trial license?  I just need the site to site VPN to come up, and then I can access the webadmin!

Thanks for your help!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • (I have SSH access).  The Webadmin is not exposed to the internet, only the LAN and other networks via IPSec tunnels (which are down)

One thing that comes to mind is using a ssl port forwarding (aka tunnel) like

ssh -L 4444:127.0.0.1:4444 user@remote

So you can throw https://localhost:4444 into your browser on the local machine which will be forwarded to port 4444 on the UTM box.

Depending on your configuration and firewall settings you might need to replace 127.0.0.1 with the internal (LAN) IP of the UTM,

• (I have SSH access).  The Webadmin is not exposed to the internet, only the LAN and other networks via IPSec tunnels (which are down)

One thing that comes to mind is using a ssl port forwarding (aka tunnel) like

ssh -L 4444:127.0.0.1:4444 user@remote

So you can throw https://localhost:4444 into your browser on the local machine which will be forwarded to port 4444 on the UTM box.

Depending on your configuration and firewall settings you might need to replace 127.0.0.1 with the internal (LAN) IP of the UTM,

Children
No Data