This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

update 9.705-3 is now 7 month old

7 month without update = death of product.

srly, for a security product  like the UTM9 it's the walking dead.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi ,

Please check out the following release note: 

Thanks,

• Thank you for the link.

anyway. it is WAY to long since the last up2date.

• *Looks up*

Nope, the sky doesn't appear to be falling.  I think we're okay.

OPNSense 64-bit | Intel Xeon 4-core v3 1225 3.20Ghz
    16GB Memory | 500GB SSD HDD | ATT Fiber 1GB
    (Former Sophos UTM Veteran, Former XG Rookie)

• Hallo Wolfgang,

The UTM is far from zombie status.  Almost every day, pattern updates keep the UTM healthy and offering the latest protection.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I think the main issue is that UTM is receiving mostly just maintenance updates, no new features. I am aware that XG is the future - but last time I checked, some features of the UTM were missing in XG (have to say I haven't checked recently). If this is still the case, I am wondering why there is no clear communication which UTM features will not be in XG in the (near) future. This would at least allow to check my requirements - if XG cannot meet it, I would consider other products as well.

At some point everyone needs to make a decision if XG or a competitor will be bought. And Sophos is really losing the opportunity to clearly state which features are missing, and if they will be made available in the future. If I have to do all the research myself, Sophos requires the same research work, as any competitor does.

• That's true and that's also the problem what we have!

We have on one site our Security gouvernance who tell us as an example to use TLS 1.3 on several point but UTM doesn't! Also we have customer who whant's IPSec connetivity to us but we don't have IKEv2.

There are many user things like that and for all that stuff we need to say "oh I'm sorry but Sophos can't"

Ofcource XG would be myby a solution but is that realy one or is that better to use some other once.
    There is no plan from Sophos we can tell to other Security gouvernance or our Customer we can do that at this or this time, the only thing it at the moment "we don't now".

Thats. realy frustated because sophos lifes from a comunity like this one, from peopel how heps other people like you. But that one is not everything and for sure not enough.

have an nive weekend to all!