This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM9 SG230 upgrade IP Range

Hi,

I want to change the IP range of my internal interface from /23 to /21.

But the interface cannot be used in the NAT administration (quick selection). The / 23 network still appears here.

Old config:

New config:

Okay so far.
But after the update and also after a reboot, the old network remains visible and is also only visible in the NAT management.

This appears in the interface table.

What's the problem, I'm going crazy.

Greetings Wolfgang

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo Wolfgang and welcome to he UTM Community!

Are you certain that your Internal interface was saved and that it's now /21?

Is this really a question about the separate UTM Manager application, or should I move this thread to the Hardware and Installation forum because you're in WebAdmin?

Cheers - Bob
    PS Habe bei IBM-Deutschland in Berlin ein Jahr gearbeitet.

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hallo Bob,

mein Deutsch ist besser...

Ja, ich bin mir sicher. Das Interface wurde auf /21 geändert und gespeichert und auch wieder überprüfbar.
    Egal, wo ich aus den Vorlagen das Internal (Network) auswählen möchte, steht dort /23. Deshalb funktioniert mein NAT nicht und der neue Bereich ist nicht nutzbar.

Ich schätze, dass es irgend etwas mit einer fehlerhaften Abspeicherung in der internen Datenbank zu tun hat. Aber wie ist es zu lösen? Nur über die Konsole, oder gibt's noch einen anderen leichteren Trick.
    Offiziellen Zugang zur Konsole hat nach meiner Kenntnis nur der Sophos Support.

Natürlich, wenn das Thema besser in eine andere Gruppe passt, bitte verschieb es.

Gruß Wolfgang

• Wolfgang, your English is tadellos, so let's go back to English as I've moved this thread to the Hardware and Installation forum instead of to the German forum.

This is not a normal problem, so I would get Sophos Support involved.  While waiting for a response from them, there are some things you can try, in order:

1. Make a new backup in case 2 doesn't fix this.
    2. Restore from your most-recent backup and make the change again.
    3. If that doesn't work, and you don't care if you lose your logs and reporting, take several backups off the UTM and factory-reset the UTM.  Restore the newest backup by rebooting with a USB memory stick in place that contains the backup from 1.  Note that it is possible to save your logs by copying /var/log off using WinSCP or other.  You could then copy it back on after the Factory Reset.
    4. If none of that works and Support doesn't have a trick to use at the command line, they will likely suggest that you re-image the SG 230 and restore from backup.  You can save your logs by using the suggestion in 3.

Please let us know your results.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA