This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Install UTM on PC

Hello,

I am trying to install asg-9.705-3.1.iso on a PC. I used Rufus to create a bootable USB, but the computer does not see it as bootable..

When I use balenaEtcher to create the bootable USB, it warns me the following about the ISO image: 

"It looks like this is not a bootable image. The image does not appear to contain a partition table, and might not be recognized or bootable by your device." And true, it did not work.

I am missing any steps ?  Thank you!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Napocensis,

when using Rufus, I remember that you better use the "dd" option to transfer the data to the stick.

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Danke schoen! The current version of Rufus no longer had the dd option. I used MobaLiveCD and it was able to recognize the USB as bootable.

So I ended up trying it in another computer , with Legacy mode turned on and it started to load. My "dedicated" computer for the installation does not want to see it as bootable, in spite of the legacy mode being on.

I wonder if I run it as an iso from an external DVD will make a difference. I just don't have an external DVD on hand.

• Danke schoen! The current version of Rufus no longer had the dd option. I used MobaLiveCD and it was able to recognize the USB as bootable.

So I ended up trying it in another computer , with Legacy mode turned on and it started to load. My "dedicated" computer for the installation does not want to see it as bootable, in spite of the legacy mode being on.

I wonder if I run it as an iso from an external DVD will make a difference. I just don't have an external DVD on hand.

Children
No Data