This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM not updating

I have UTM 9 running at my home, have had it since early 2017. We moved and my server had to sit until we got situated in our new home. Up and running now, but the system will no longer update itself, either automatically or manually. It is currently running firmware version 9.605-1, is set to automatic firmware download, but insists "Your firmware is up to date". I manually downloaded 9.703 and it was successfully recognized and uploaded through the manual Up2Date package system. It went through the update process, but after restarting it still shows that it is running 9.605-1 and being up to date.

It also says that the current pattern version is 188534 and that the patterns are up to date. I'm rather at the end of what I feel I can do to remedy this situation. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello Vance,

Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community!

Could you please run the following command: ls -lh /var/up2date/sys 

I think the problem might be that your partition is full already. You might see that you already have the up2date in there, but since the UTM doesn't have more space to install them even if you were to try manually it would fail. 

I would recommend you to go to Management >> Up2date >> Configuration >> Firmware Download Interval and set it to Manual

Then go to /var/up2date/sys and remove from there some up2date maybe just leave 4

To remove you will run the command below, this will remove any u2d for 9.7 modify as necessary as to only leave 4 to install 

# rm u2d-sys-9.70* 

And  then run this command to install the Firmware manually 

# auisys.plx 

You can also check the KB below which has the commands I mentioned above.

Sophos UTM: How to troubleshoot Up2date

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • I have to admit that I don't know how to access a command line interface on the UTM. I tried searching for it in the web interface and don't see anything. I tried searching the Sophos support docs and came up blank there.

I did go into the backups and deleted all but the last two backups, but that probably doesn't help out in the up2date area. If you can point me in the direction of a command line interface, I'll be happy to run these commands. FYI, when I go to the Management\Up2date\Configuration\Firmware Download area, it is grayed out. The top of the page says: "Licensing Info - Some features are disabled as you either do not have a relevant subscription or the relevant subscription has expired!"

Thanks!

• you access via ssh.

Management > System Settings > Shell Access

Reply Children