This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Extreme problems with raising an RMA for next business day replacement

Hi All,

The one line summary from my experience so far is that the

"RMA team in 15 hours since the RMA was raised are not sending any emails at all - to a) confirm RMA exists, b) is accepted, c) shipment and tracking details.

and this leaves me and my client in the dark with no idea if and when the unit will be replaced.  Also the RMA team seem completely impossible to contact. 

In detail my problem is:    

I raised an RMA request through GTS with next business day replacement at 10:15 but got no confirmation email by 00:15 (right now) from the RMA team. I phoned customer services to confirm the RMA was open.  It was.  Found out the RMA number from them.   Tried emailing rma@sophos.com as advised by support.  Nothing.  Support say "wait for RMA to contact you".   Customer services say the same.  I am still waiting. 

My questions to the community are: 

• Are you having similar problems with RMA?  
  • What would you suggest?  
  • Anyone have a direct number for RMA team uk?
  • Can you confirm that rma@sophos.com is the right email, and the subject line format is "[#<RMA number>] xxxx"? 

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this. 

All the best, 

Adrien. 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi All,

It looks like the only way to have next day replacement is to have spares at the reseller level. Experience suggests that you cannot count on Sophos for this.

There are some Sophos employee heroes here that help in this this site.  Thank you.

I have a question to the community - Is this the same RMA problem with XG?  Is it the same in America?  Or is it just Europe?

Does anyone have experience?

Thanks and All the best,

Adrien.

• Hi All,

It looks like the only way to have next day replacement is to have spares at the reseller level. Experience suggests that you cannot count on Sophos for this.

There are some Sophos employee heroes here that help in this this site.  Thank you.

I have a question to the community - Is this the same RMA problem with XG?  Is it the same in America?  Or is it just Europe?

Does anyone have experience?

Thanks and All the best,

Adrien.

Children
  • Hello Adrien
    Yes. We (Sophos Gold Partner) and a partner company (Platinum Partner) have experience with many SG and XG RMAs. Shipping hasn't changed in the last few years: always processed from the UK. Various logistics companies are used. Shipping always by express, but still needs 3-4 days (I didn't see it any faster).
    This is the reason why we always sell active / passive HA systems -> even if companies need a small one like SG135. We no longer sell premium support with SGs (I don't even know if this is still there) as it doesn't help if the box is dead and it doesn't expedite shipping or processing.
    That was bad in the past. But the support and the handling have had a new "quality" for a few months. There is almost no support anymore. It seems that if you need help or want to escalate the case, you need to insult the support on this forum. This place seems to be much more closely monitored by Sophos (for the external presentation, I assume).
    But back to your XG question: a resounding NO. Not faster or better than SG-RMA handling.

:-( Cheers, Janbo

---

janbo.noerskau@comedia.de UTM lover ;-)