This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM SG mit Sophos Connect Client und extra OTP Eingabefeld

Hallo, 

wir setzen ein SG Cluster mit aktuellster Version 9.707-5 ein.

Für den Fernzugriff unserer Mitarbeiter setzen wir SSL VPN ein.

Da das OTP Anmeldeverfahren mit SG und Sophos SSL VPN Client etwas gewöhnungsbedürftig ist mit dem Passwort + OTP im gleichen Feld, würden wir gerne den Sophos Connect Client mit unseren SSL VPNs verwenden.

Die Config Dateien des alten Sophos SSL VPN Client kann man problemlos im neuen Sophos Connect Client importieren, allerdings gibt es kein extra Eingabefeld für das OTP, sowie man es für Client IPsec VPNs einrichten kann.

Ist es möglich das extra Eingabefeld auch für SSL VPNs im Sophos Connect Client einzublenden, sodass man nicht Passwort und OTP im gleichen Feld eingeben muss?

Merci und Grüße

Thomas

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo Thomas,

(Sorry, my German-speaking brain isn't creating thoughts at the moment. Frowning2)

I didn't know that the Sophos Connect client could be made to have the OTP in a separate field, nor that Connect would work with the SSL VPN.

MfG - Bob (Bitte auf Deutsch weiterhin.)

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

der zusätzliche Prompt ist für IPsec auf alle Fälle möglich:

Die SSL VPNs können wir auch problemlos damit verwenden, allerdings wäre es top, wenn wir dort die PIN für OTP auch in einem separaten Feld eingeben können.

Ist das machbar?

Viele Grüße

Thomas

• We have the same issue. After investigating all different ways to deploy our clients with the sophos connect client i found this infos:

extra otp field is possible via ".pro" file. ( https://docs.sophos.com/nsg/sophos-firewall/18.0/Help/en-us/webhelp/onlinehelp/nsg/sfos/concepts/SConProvisioningFile.html )
    See option otp -  "This will give the user a third input box to input the OTP code in the Sophos Connect client."

Note: for using the .pro File you have to enable access to user portal because sophos connect clients wants to load the actual vpn config from it. in our case we do not want to make user portal accessible to the internet so we have to connect the clients first from inside. i still looking for a good solution ;(

when importing an ovpn file i cant see any possibility to enable the third otp box ;(

• Hi Robert, thanks for these information.

But the .pro file import is only possible with the sophos xg, not with the sg utm, isn't it? 

• yes indeed, sorry i have not seen that we are in the UTM SG Forum ;)

• Hallo Thomas,

I PM'd with Lucar Toni and he confirms your understanding.

• Pro Files does not work with a UTM. Pro files require a Sophos Firewall instead. Pro files have the capabilities to download the ovpn file from SFOS user portal. And there are no technique to do this from a UTM. 
      What we can do is using an existing OVPN files from UTM and import it to Sophos Connect, but i assume it does not work for the "extra OTP field".

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I can recommend to look at a smaller XG(S) Box for VPN anyway. The performance of the XGS appliance out stand the SG Hardware by far and the VPN (Site to Site and Remote Access) is included in the base License. 

Therefore you can simply purchase a XGS appliance, get the Enhance Support for RMA etc. and move your VPN to the appliance. 

So you can use Remote VPN, filter on the users etc. Use IPsec/SSLVPN with Sophos Connect in a streamlined process. 

There is even a script to migrate existing UTM SSLVPN Configs to Sophos Connect: https://community.sophos.com/sophos-xg-firewall/f/recommended-reads/128936/sophos-connect-migration-script-from-utm-sslvpn Thanks to

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Seriously? we should move to a XG Box for VPN?

Sophos should streamline the Sophos Connect to the UTM in the same way like to the XG Boxes. I am really wondering if the the Sophos Connect Client will be implemented in the UTM for download as well, like the old SSL VPN, or if we have to download it always seperately.

Also why dont UTM Users dont get the Admin Tool for the Sophos Connect Client? (You have to setup a XG Test Appliance, in order to download the current Admin Tool)

• Ich hatte auch gehofft dass es bei einem neuen VPN-Client ein extra OTP-Eingabefeld gibt. Einige meiner User beschweren sich, jedes Mal zum Verbinden alle Anmeldedaten eingeben zu müssen. Mit einem Extra-Feld für OTP könnte man im neuen Client natürlich die Anmeldedaten speichern.

• Das OTP Feld kannst Du über ein Provision/Config Datei einblenden lassen mit dem Connect Admin Tool

Den Connect Admin kriegt man allerdings nur über eine XG. Am besten in einer VM eine XG Test-Appliance aufsetzen und dann darüber das Admin Tool runterladen.