This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exchange 2016 WAF - auch IMAP darüber möglich?

Hallo,

ich habe die Anforderung eine Shared Mailbox auf einem Handy abrufbar zu machen. Der Microsoft Support hat mir bestätigt das dies aktuell nicht supported ist.

Daher möchte ich es über IMAP abrufen, das geht grundsätzlich, allerdings aktuell nur über DNAT. Das möchte ich aus Sicherheitsgründen nicht aktivieren, daher die Idee die IMAP Verbindung über WAF zu leiten. Hat damit jemand Erfahrung?

Grundsätzlich habe ich die Sophos WAF nach KB-000038003 https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000038003?language=en_US konfiguriert.

Vielen Dank. MfG

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hallo,

(Sorry, my German-speaking brain isn't creating thoughts at the moment. Frowning2)

I'm virtually certain that you can't do IMAP over WAF.  Have you tried using the OpenVPN app with the SSL VPN?  That way, the user would address your Exchange at the same IP whether in or out of the office.  Have I correctly understood what you want to accomplish?

MfG - Bob (Bitte auf Deutsch weiterhin.)

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, thank you very much for your response. Ok, what a pity. Good idea, it's not that comfortable but it should work. I'll give it a try.