This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM on AWS Corrupt Boot Loader

Issue: Sophos UTM 9.410 up2date may corrupt boot loader

First Seen: up2date from 9.409 to 9.410

Details: Customers that have installed Sophos UTM 9.409 using Hardware Virtual Machine (HVM) virtualization may corrupt the boot loader during the up2date process to Sophos UTM 9.410. The cause of the issue is the up2date process using the boot loader based on the older Paravirtual (PV) virtualization. Working with AWS, we’ve identified which customers may be affected by this issue and sent those customers an email advising not to upgrade.

Resolution: Our next up2date package will use the correct boot loader for HVM. Target release date is next week. For customers that may have missed the email or accidentally upgraded, you can follow the steps listed in Sophos UTM: How to recover UTM on AWS after updating to 9.410.

If you have questions or need assistance, please contact support@sophos.com or aws.marketplace@sophos.com

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Rich,

Can I assume that my company's AWS instance is safe to Up2Date to 9.410 since we've received no email from Sophos or AWS relative to this issue?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Bob,

It's possible that you have the PV version of Sophos UTM, which doesn't have this issue. However, confirming if you're running a PV or HVM can be cumbersome. I'd recommend you hold off until we resolve the issue in up2date. We should have this sorted out by next week.

Appreciate your patience.

• Hi Bob,

It's possible that you have the PV version of Sophos UTM, which doesn't have this issue. However, confirming if you're running a PV or HVM can be cumbersome. I'd recommend you hold off until we resolve the issue in up2date. We should have this sorted out by next week.

Appreciate your patience.

Children
No Data