Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Where Can I find backup files on filesystem ?

Hi People,

I need to find where are the backup files automatically generated by Astaro in the filesystem.

Where the backup files are stored ?

I logged in Astaro by ssh and tried to search "find / -name *.abf" but no luck. No files were found.

Regards,

Douglas

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I configure all of my clients to have a copy of their backup sent to an archive account on our mail server in addition to the backups they have internally.  Over the four+ years I've been doing that, no one ever has needed one of their archived backups.

Be aware that the Astaro backup is only a "Configuration" backup - if you have a large email quarantine, for example, it is not a part of the backup.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I configure all of my clients to have a copy of their backup sent to an archive account on our mail server in addition to the backups they have internally.  Over the four+ years I've been doing that, no one ever has needed one of their archived backups.

Be aware that the Astaro backup is only a "Configuration" backup - if you have a large email quarantine, for example, it is not a part of the backup.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
  • Hi BAlfson,

hm ok, and you never delete any item in that box?
    Ok the files ar not so large iwth 706K but i think its not the usual way to do a backup.
    But if there is no other solution i will do it that way ;-)

Nic will be a bacula Client on the Astaro Applience to backup the hole machine...

bye and thanks for spending your time

oew