This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

deploy.akamaitechnologies.com block the internetline

Hi,

i have many connections to the addresses like "a193-108-94-56.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com". I found many about this service in the internet, but i cannot understand why he needs 634.3 MB traffic (see in the executive reports).
Now i know why sometimes my internetline is very slow.

Somebody experience with this service? What you think about and doing? I will block the addresses.

cu

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • As was mentioned earlier in the thread, Akamai is global content distribution provider-  they handle distribution of web content across the globe and they can handle volumes of data that would kill most of the sites we think of as "large".  That's what they do.  Content from Apple, MS, Adobe, and many others is hosted by Akamai, as is a lot of government content.  Blocking Akamai will pretty much "break the Internet" for most users, and it is the wrong approach, you need to block the initial requests for specific control.
  • As was mentioned earlier in the thread, Akamai is global content distribution provider-  they handle distribution of web content across the globe and they can handle volumes of data that would kill most of the sites we think of as "large".  That's what they do.  Content from Apple, MS, Adobe, and many others is hosted by Akamai, as is a lot of government content.  Blocking Akamai will pretty much "break the Internet" for most users, and it is the wrong approach, you need to block the initial requests for specific control.
Children
  • Hi dethar

maybe for ESET you can use ESET's Remote Administrator Console. We're using it here for our clients. It downloads all needed updates to one computer and all other going there and get their updates from this computer via HTTP or using update path through LAN. Works fine.

Kind regards, Steffen