This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

IPSec site to site using FQDN

Hello everyone, 

i am attempting to setup a Site to Site VPN connection by using IPSec with a preshared key. 

I've seen videos and guides on how to setup IPSec Site to Site which ( i think) was pretty straight forward on Sophos UTM.

After setting it up, i have requested from the remote site to give me their IP Address but they prefer we use FQDN instead. 

Would that be possible with Sophos UTM and IPSec? If so, what should be modified to accomodate FQDN instead of an IP Address?

I apologize in advance for what might be a very silly question but unfortunately my experience is a bit limited on the matter.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • You simply have to use the FQDN as "remote Gateway address".

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Hi Dirk, thank you for your swift reply.

I forgot to mention a couple of things that might help. I am currently using Sopho UTM 9 and i had created in the past two different Remote Gateways to test things out, a "Respond Only" Gateway Type and an "Initiate Connection" Gateway type but since i want to be the initiator i've chosen to proceed witht the latter.  
    So correct me if i'm wrong:

1. Edit the Remote Gateway that i have created and i should create a new Gateway ( Network Definition) 

2. Under the new Network Definition i have the following options: Host, DNS Host and Availability Group.

Where should i place the FQDN that was given to me to place as a remote Gateway address? 

I again apologize for my lack of experience on this. 

• Hi Dirk, thank you for your swift reply.

I forgot to mention a couple of things that might help. I am currently using Sopho UTM 9 and i had created in the past two different Remote Gateways to test things out, a "Respond Only" Gateway Type and an "Initiate Connection" Gateway type but since i want to be the initiator i've chosen to proceed witht the latter.  
    So correct me if i'm wrong:

1. Edit the Remote Gateway that i have created and i should create a new Gateway ( Network Definition) 

2. Under the new Network Definition i have the following options: Host, DNS Host and Availability Group.

Where should i place the FQDN that was given to me to place as a remote Gateway address? 

I again apologize for my lack of experience on this. 

Children
  • 1. correct .. you may clone the Remote Gateway

2. i would use DNS-Host (here you have to use the FQDN)

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.