This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

UTM 9** VS Copernicus

Hi.

I'm about renewing my license soon.
Normal, I do it for three year - Which is a lot of money, and I have some decisions to make.

My questions:

1. Does Copernicus going to be the next FW release and totally replace the current FW as we know it.
  2. If yes - when.
  3. . Sophose making a big buzz around the "Heart beat".
    Can I use Copernicus as FW only (I don't want to install anything extra on my work stations).
  4. Normally, I buy Full guard license.
    Will it cover everything in Copernicus?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • While the rhetoric from Sophos is that UTM is still going strong and is continuing to be developed, there are some subtle (or not) changes regarding this product. For example, it no longer exists on the 'Free Tools' page of products and has been replaced by XG. Personally, I would not install the XG counterpart of the Essential Business Firewall at any client site since I am not comfortable with the UI, and the training materials, last time I checked, were non-existant. While it is still possible to obtain the Essential Business License, it is now more difficult and I would not be surprised to see it disappear completely.