This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

User Portal not working with alternate port

Hello,

I'm trying to enable the User Portal in Sophos UTM 9.510-5. I'm new Sophos and am in the process of setting it up in a sandbox AWS environment to be our intrusion protection system. I followed a demo by Chad Ingles on Youtube to get it configured and successfully routing traffic to our application load balancer. This configuration included setting up a virtual webserver in the Web Application Firewall section of Sophos using port 443.

Since the web app is reserving 443 I'm forced to use a different port for the User Portal. When I turn on the User Portal and try to visit the page it eventually times out. I can't find anything useful in the any of the logs. I'm assuming it's something with my NAT rules. I'm going to include screenshots below of the firewall, NAT(Masquarading) and NAT(NAT) screens. 

I'm also figuring out networking as I go. I know enough to be dangerous but am certainly no expert. I'm assuming I'm just missing something simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Nolan and welcome to the UTM Community!

Glad you got that sorted out, but a coupla comments...

The firewall in UTM is very robust, so I always use a wide-open AWS security group.

One should always start UTM problem solving with the approach suggested by #1 in Rulz.  Had you done that, you would have known immediately that 8443 wasn't blocked in the UTM.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi Nolan and welcome to the UTM Community!

Glad you got that sorted out, but a coupla comments...

The firewall in UTM is very robust, so I always use a wide-open AWS security group.

One should always start UTM problem solving with the approach suggested by #1 in Rulz.  Had you done that, you would have known immediately that 8443 wasn't blocked in the UTM.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data