This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to set SSL VPN Client for auto login / auto connect

We are deploying the SSL VPN client to a client and whilst it works at present the user has to enter their username/password each time they connect which they will hate.

So the question is can the client log in with stored credentials?

To make it even more user friendly can it be configured to auto connect at start up?

TIA

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Thank you, that's what I was looking for.

But I find myself confused (and for years I thought I clearly understood this issue):

1. The link you posted says "after the windows login", and the technique it uses is in the startup tasks, which I always understood to be happen during/after user login.

2. Looking for how to put this into the machine startup, I've discovered much ambiguity and confusion regarding whether Windows 10 "Start Up Apps" happen on machine start or user login. Many pages even say "Run on Startup / Login"! I assume they are actually at login, and all the pages that say startup are simply wrong.

3. In my case, I need the VPN established before login, because the domain controllers are at the other end of the VPN, and I'm trying to achieve a proper, up-to-date login experience (e.g. latest GPOs etc) rather than have it use cached domain credentials (which is what it has to do if there's no tunnel to the DCs).

4. In the past I've achieved this using System Internals "Run App as a Service" wrapper -- does that technique work in this instance?