This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to set SSL VPN Client for auto login / auto connect

We are deploying the SSL VPN client to a client and whilst it works at present the user has to enter their username/password each time they connect which they will hate.

So the question is can the client log in with stored credentials?

To make it even more user friendly can it be configured to auto connect at start up?

TIA

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Dave and welcome to the UTM Community!

You're looking for How to configure SSL VPN for automatic login during startup.

If your user substitutes the SecurePoint Client in place of the Sophos client, the password won't be in clear text, but I'm not sure that's an advantage.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I found that article but as it was talking about an Astaro client I didnt pay it much attention.

Is there no way to use the sophos client to do this. I cant believe that Sophos would require people to enter their credentials for every login , that would drive users insane.

• That article tells you how to store the credentials and how to connect automatically when the user logs onto his Windows machine.  The UTM technology was formerly called Astaro Secure Linux, but was renamed to UTM by Sophos several years after it purchased Astaro in 2011..

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • That article tells you how to store the credentials and how to connect automatically when the user logs onto his Windows machine.  The UTM technology was formerly called Astaro Secure Linux, but was renamed to UTM by Sophos several years after it purchased Astaro in 2011..

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children