[9.000][ANSWERED] Client no connection to server wehen updating

Hi,

I just upgraded an ASG to Version 9 and now wanted to test the Endpoint protection.

I enabled it, downloaded the Installer (full) but during the install at the time "registring server" (or something) it does nothing, waits the 5 minits countdown and then continues.

After the installation, the endpoint client doen't show up at the utm and when trying to manually update then the error "no connection to servers" shows up.

In the UTM Webfiltering there is under exceptions the Sophos LiveConnect is enabled. Besides I'm using proxy profiles but most of them use the default webfilter profile.

I have upgraded form 8.305. These are the loglines in the UTM Endpoint:

2012:06:29-10:40:29 ALBECK-UTM-SRV epsecd[4720]: I Epsec::Utils::Logging::_log:59() => id="4202" severity="info" sys="System" sub="epsecd" name="Run initialization database"
2012:06:29-10:40:32 ALBECK-UTM-SRV epsecd[4720]: I Epsec::Utils::Logging::_log:59() => id="4247" severity="info" sys="System" sub="epsecd" name="Sending data to Sophos LiveConnect to sync UTM with the Broker"
2012:06:29-11:05:08 ALBECK-UTM-SRV epsecd[4781]: I Epsec::Utils::Logging::_log:59() => id="4201" severity="info" sys="System" sub="epsecd" name="Epsecd starting"
2012:06:29-11:05:09 ALBECK-UTM-SRV epsecd[4781]: D Epsec::Utils::Logging::_log:59() => id="4210" severity="debug" sys="System" sub="epsecd" name="Sleeping for 23 seconds"
2012:06:29-11:05:32 ALBECK-UTM-SRV epsecd[4781]: I Epsec::Utils::Logging::_log:59() => id="4202" severity="info" sys="System" sub="epsecd" name="Run initialization database"
2012:06:29-11:05:32 ALBECK-UTM-SRV epsecd[4781]: I Epsec::Utils::Logging::_log:59() => id="4247" severity="info" sys="System" sub="epsecd" name="Sending data to Sophos LiveConnect to sync UTM with the Broker"
2012:06:29-11:44:59 ALBECK-UTM-SRV epsecd[10133]: I Epsec::Utils::Logging::_log:59() => id="4201" severity="info" sys="System" sub="epsecd" name="Epsecd starting"
2012:06:29-11:44:59 ALBECK-UTM-SRV epsecd[10133]: D Epsec::Utils::Logging::_log:59() => id="4210" severity="debug" sys="System" sub="epsecd" name="Sleeping for 13 seconds"
2012:06:29-11:45:12 ALBECK-UTM-SRV epsecd[10133]: I Epsec::Utils::Logging::_log:59() => id="4202" severity="info" sys="System" sub="epsecd" name="Run initialization database"
2012:06:29-11:45:12 ALBECK-UTM-SRV epsecd[10133]: I Epsec::Utils::Logging::_log:59() => id="4247" severity="info" sys="System" sub="epsecd" name="Sending data to Sophos LiveConnect to sync UTM with the Broker" 

Hope you can help me, want to get this rolled out. If you need more information let me know.

Edit: also after importing the old V8 home licence, Endponit Protection doesn't show up in the Dashboard unter the Information, but I'm still able to enable it.

Thanks, Albeck
Parents
  • Hello Albeck

As the UTM Enpoint Client does not use / ignores a proxy setting, it will not use the proxy in standard mode. Therefor you'll have to create additional pcketfilterrules, that the client can access the internet to fetch updates or configs from update and broker servers...

You don't have to switch your proxy from standard to transparent mode for that, the exceptions to access the servers are only handled differently in this two proxy scenarios.

Hope this clarifies your question.

/Sascha

Wer Schreibfehler findet, darf sie behalten. Wenn ich via IPad poste, sind Verschreiber und grammatikalische Aussetzer irgendwie an der Tagesordnung.
  • As the UTM Enpoint Client does not use / ignores a proxy setting, ...

This is already on our radar, and the endpoint team at Sophos/UK is already working on a solution for this, which basically means the endpoint software that runs on the client will soon be able to use the proxy in standard mode. I am personally not involved with the endpoint so I can't tell you an exact date, sorry.

Cheers,
    Kai
  • Well yeah, thanks for clearing me up on this! I apprechiate

Hope that the enpoint software gets updated soo, so that it will use proxy in standrad mode. I think this will be very confusing for other users too.

A software from an firewall proxy ect that ignores proxy settings...well... no words for that.

Hope the Sohops guys gets the endpoint licencing problems fixed, then it is time for rolleout!

Thanks!
  • Well yeah, thanks for clearing me up on this! I apprechiate

Hope that the enpoint software gets updated soo, so that it will use proxy in standrad mode. I think this will be very confusing for other users too.

A software from an firewall proxy ect that ignores proxy settings...well... no words for that.

Hope the Sohops guys gets the endpoint licencing problems fixed, then it is time for rolleout!

Thanks!
Children
No Data