[8.965][ANSWERED] Installer DL fails -> Internal Server Error

This message appears trying download the slim installer
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, Adrian.Seredinschi@sophos.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache/2.2.17 (Ubuntu) Server at mcs1-43c4.broker.sophos.com Port 80

I think it is no good idea to show informations about your server

Ralf
  • This message appears trying download the slim installer
    Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, Adrian.Seredinschi@sophos.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I think it is no good idea to show informations about your server

Ralf

This links shows informations too.

http://mcs1-43c4.broker.sophos.com/agent/
    Not Found

The requested URL /agent/ was not found on this server.
  • I get the same error with both the slim and the full downloads - even when I copy each URL and try to download in a new window.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Morning Everyone,

I've contacted our maintenance team. They're looking into it and I'll update you ASAP.

Cheers,
    Cristof
  • Hello,

The error is caused by the fact that too many clients were connecting at the same time and the database maximum number of connections was reached every now and then.

It is not particular to trying to download the installer, other operations also suffer from this.

For now, the only thing you can do is to retry after 1-2 minutes, don't start refreshing quickly and anxiously because that won't work [:)]

Tomorrow at around 8-9 UTC we will increase the maximum number of allowed connections and then a restart of all services will be performed.

On the ASGs you might notice that the LiveConnect component will be disabled during the restart, but this shouldn't take more than a few minutes (max 10).

Sorry for any delay we caused, I know it's irritating to have to retry something.

Cheers,
    Adi S
  • Hello,

The error is caused by the fact that too many clients were connecting at the same time and the database maximum number of connections was reached every now and then.

It is not particular to trying to download the installer, other operations also suffer from this.

For now, the only thing you can do is to retry after 1-2 minutes, don't start refreshing quickly and anxiously because that won't work [:)]

Tomorrow at around 8-9 UTC we will increase the maximum number of allowed connections and then a restart of all services will be performed.

On the ASGs you might notice that the LiveConnect component will be disabled during the restart, but this shouldn't take more than a few minutes (max 10).

Sorry for any delay we caused, I know it's irritating to have to retry something.

Cheers,
    Adi S

What is about the problem that the server shows informations about himself.?

Ralf
  • Morning Ralf,

What is about the problem that the server shows informations about himself.?

This is attributable to the Apache configuration and won't be changed.

However I'll close the thread as ANSWERED, since the initial problem is solved.

Cheers,
    Cristof
  • Hi All, 

i veto that. 

The proposal of rprengel is good and correct. 

We will modify the broker services to cloak current running software and versions.

thanks
    Gert
  • About the server version information being "leaked" - that should also be fixed now (mantis #21749)

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheers,
    Adi S