[9.201][ANSWERED] WAF Exchange OWA & Actvie Sync

Hi everyone,

can someone tells me how i have to setup my "Web Application Firewall" that i can run OWA & ActiveSync & OA on the same hostname at the same time ?

My SSL Certifact ist only for one host:
mail.***xx.com

Actually i run a forefront tmg2010.

I configured my UTM (9.2) like this :

https://www.winsec.nl/2013/10/11/publishing-exchange-utm-web-application-firewall/

but it didn`t work for me. I get an error when i want activate ActiveSync and OWA at the same time:

The virtual web server domain name 'External (WAN) (Address):443:mail.***xx.com' is already in use by the domain list attribute of the virtual webserver object 'V - Outlook Web App (OWA)'.

Any Ideas or Tipps ?

Thanks very much
Parents
  • Hi,

one domain name can only be used once on the same interface and on the same port number. Otherwise the WAF can not distinguish which virtual webserver to use. That is the background of your error message. 

It is possible to configure OWA, ActiveSync and OA on one virtual webserver but we do not recommend this.

There is a knowledgebase article on how to configure the WAF for Outlook Web Access, ActiveSync and Outlook Anywhere: Configuring UTM firewall for Exchange.pdf .

All knowledgebase articles available regarding the Web Application Firewall can be found here: Sophos UTM Web Application Firewall.

Best,
     Sabine
  • Hi,

one domain name can only be used once on the same interface and on the same port number. Otherwise the WAF can not distinguish which virtual webserver to use. That is the background of your error message. 

It is possible to configure OWA, ActiveSync and OA on one virtual webserver but we do not recommend this.

There is a knowledgebase article on how to configure the WAF for Outlook Web Access, ActiveSync and Outlook Anywhere: Configuring UTM firewall for Exchange.pdf .

All knowledgebase articles available regarding the Web Application Firewall can be found here: Sophos UTM Web Application Firewall.

Best,
     Sabine
Children
No Data