[ANSWERED] Copernicus Endpoint Protection for Home User

In looking through all the threads it looks like endpoint protection is going to be moving to the cloud. Well a home use license be able to take advantage of this?

I like having all my mobile (laptop) devices leave the network knowing that my UTM will send a notification if something happens to it while it is off my network. Saves me a lot of headaches when they try to come back on the network before I look at it. 

Kids will be kids, spouses will be spouses.  [:)]
  • Endpoint will NOT be coming back to SFOS.  You're right, Sophos Cloud will be alternative, or specifically, the following:

https://home.sophos.com

You're welcome [;)]

==

When in doubt, Script it out.

• Endpoint will NOT be coming back to SFOS.  You're right, Sophos Cloud will be alternative, or specifically, the following:

https://home.sophos.com

You're welcome [;)]

This is very interesting, Does this somehow tie in with our UTM's or is this completely standalone? If we use this new service for home use how does this affect our "Copernicus" installs? Another words will the clients use our local security from "Copernicus" when on our local LAN and only use the new service when off our network?
  • MrFixIt

Project Galileo is a new generation of Enduser (point) Protection which is designed not just to perform a similar function to the original Endpoint Protection but it directly integrates and feeds Copernicus with information. The computers still have their own anti-virus, hips and malware detection/firewall but now it sits in line with Copernicus with their new "heartbeat" system. With current AV and FW set ups, when an infection is detected on the network and the AVs could be C&Ced from say, a security console. But this adds a separate element which means you need to do things in two separate environments to remedy and mediate a growing network infection. This can be harder if you're using various vendors for FW, AV and PC FW. 

Project Galileo and Copernicus now sit on the same side of the coin. When infections are detected the FW (SFOS) can actively remedy and mediate the infection from the firewall through isolation of the node on the network actively without administrator input. This grows the automation of protection and visibility but pushing a linked resource which afaik does not yet exist on the market.

These systems work with Sophos Cloud Console but will also be able to feed directly back to the Copernicus firewall as well.
  • MrFixIt

Project Galileo is a new generation of Enduser (point) Protection which is designed not just to perform a similar function to the original Endpoint Protection but it directly integrates and feeds Copernicus with information. The computers still have their own anti-virus, hips and malware detection/firewall but now it sits in line with Copernicus with their new "heartbeat" system. With current AV and FW set ups, when an infection is detected on the network and the AVs could be C&Ced from say, a security console. But this adds a separate element which means you need to do things in two separate environments to remedy and mediate a growing network infection. This can be harder if you're using various vendors for FW, AV and PC FW. 

Project Galileo and Copernicus now sit on the same side of the coin. When infections are detected the FW (SFOS) can actively remedy and mediate the infection from the firewall through isolation of the node on the network actively without administrator input. This grows the automation of protection and visibility but pushing a linked resource which afaik does not yet exist on the market.

These systems work with Sophos Cloud Console but will also be able to feed directly back to the Copernicus firewall as well.

Thanks for the detailed explanation but I am still a bit confused, Would Galileo work as stand a loan product or does it need Copernicus installed on premise?
    Also how do I make the two work together? Is there anything I need to setup on Copernicus for Galileo to work and if so how do I do it?
  • Galileo and Copernicus are still separate entities but they have the capabilities of working together as a greater whole. Copernicus can be on premise or AWS cloud and still be able to communicate with the Cloud Galileo.

This article is realistically all you need to do to set up security heartbeat: https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/67/t/57935

Once you've linked the two you can set up policies and functions to occur to restrict or kill access when certain things happen on the Galileo side. So if an infection causes the computer to go into red alert mode, you can cut it's access to network resources and the internet. If it's in amber mode, for like a possible infection, you can cut it's access to the network resources but still allow internet access. That's just a fraction of it's capabilities.

I hope that answers your question [:)]
  • the link on the Security hartbeat-page points to cloud.sophos.com not to home.sophos.com. Currently only the commercial part included.