ASC connection to LAN

Hi

i have a problem with the ASC client and connect to internal LAN. I can establish a connection to the ASG but when i want to connect via RDP to mashines in the inernal LAN i got a message "connection failed"
Here is what i did

Create a IPSec poliy with PSK and Xauth
Create a packetfilter rule for the user who use the ASG to the internal LAN, like this User -> any -> LAN
Create a Masq Rule like this User -> External LAN

So what i´m doing wrong or what i miss?

Kind regards
ACID25
  • Hi, you should check the packetfilter and IPS logs on the firewall, but it's also possible that the windows firewall on the RDP PCs isn't allowing connections outside the LAN.

Barry
  • There is no need to create special NAT rules for a remote user in your scenario.  You do need to create appropriate packet filters, or enable the auto packet filter option in the VPN Configuration.

As Barry said, I'd check your IPS and IM/P2P logs; there are several IPS rules that by default may affect your ability to connect via RDP; you will need to disable them if they are being triggered.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.