ASC Installation Problem

Hi We are testing ASC v9.2 and I have having some problems with installing to  a specific type of laptop.  IBM Thinkpad X60; The installation just hangs during the process at installing network components. (It works fine on a T60)
You then have to abort the setup process and when you re boot the PC the original LAN connection fails. We had to re install the NIC to repair on one and revert to an old "last known good " on another.

So far it has failed on 2 X series laptops and worked on 3 T series, and one IBM desktop.

Has anyone had similar experiences, or have any clue as to what may be the cause.  My user base is approximately 60/40 split between   X series and T Series.   All OS Win XP.

Thanks
Nigel
Parents
  • unfortunally i have the same ' bad' experience on a Dell Lattitude D630.
    I was not sure it was failing because of Company policies, but now i see that i am not the only on struggeling installing this client i am atleast not alone.

The laptop has a Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
    WIndows XP SP2
    not sure if it is related to the type of nic installed
  • unfortunally i have the same ' bad' experience on a Dell Lattitude D630.
    I was not sure it was failing because of Company policies, but now i see that i am not the only on struggeling installing this client i am atleast not alone.

The laptop has a Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit Controller
    WIndows XP SP2
    not sure if it is related to the type of nic installed
Children
No Data