[8.200][BUG][FIXED] File extension changes using Http Web security

Hi I just tried to down load a .msi file and when the passthrough has finished downloading and scanning. I right click and save target as. The file name that is presented is "Watcher_Telstra.htm" NOT "Watcher_Telstra.msi" as expected.
If I turn off the "Web Security" the file is downloaded and presented as "Watcher_Telstra.msi" as expected.

Below is the web page from where this strange behaviour has occured. (I have not seen this before).

from 
http://www.sierrawireless.com/en/sitecore/content/Sierra%20Wireless/Support/Downloads/AirCard/USB_Modems/Telstra_Ultimate_AC312U.aspx 

Mark
Parents
  • I was wrong, it's indeed a problem with the HTTP-Proxy. While the webserver was sending the correct headers, they got dropped by the proxy during the redirect to the downloader page.
    We had another customer reporting this earlier this week, so SvenS already got the fix when i walked into his office... [;)]

Regarding the "Target version: 8.209":
    As a part of the process of fixing bugs, we have to decide in which release the bugfix will be included. The decision process is quite simple, we ask ourselves whether it will go into the next, the next but one release or into a later release of the same major version and assign the corresponding "Target Version". So, 8.209 is currently our container for things that will be fixed somewhere after 8.201 and before the next (8.3) beta.

Thanks for reporting this,
    Kai
  • I was wrong, it's indeed a problem with the HTTP-Proxy. While the webserver was sending the correct headers, they got dropped by the proxy during the redirect to the downloader page.
    We had another customer reporting this earlier this week, so SvenS already got the fix when i walked into his office... [;)]

Regarding the "Target version: 8.209":
    As a part of the process of fixing bugs, we have to decide in which release the bugfix will be included. The decision process is quite simple, we ask ourselves whether it will go into the next, the next but one release or into a later release of the same major version and assign the corresponding "Target Version". So, 8.209 is currently our container for things that will be fixed somewhere after 8.201 and before the next (8.3) beta.

Thanks for reporting this,
    Kai
Children
No Data