[7.480][BUG][FIXED] HTTP/S faile to block removed user

Hi,
have my http/s proxy stup in standard mode with time based profiles.

I removed the user of the time based profiles from the allowed networks list and he was still able to access the internet via webbrowser. 

The packetfilter rules do not allow anything below port 1030 out except to specific sites.

Ian M[:S][:)][:S]
Parents
  • Hi,

does the problem still exist in 7.5? I find no way to reproduce it.

greetings
    andreas
  • Hi Andreas,
    yes, the problem still exists in v7.500.

I was investigating how the time limited user was able to download about 4gb of off peak data in a time slot when he is blocked.

I have a gap in the time slot between 0230 and 0300, but the data continued through that period. Under 7.4xx this function worked correctly.

The web rules allow access from 0000 to 0203 and from 0300-0859.
    The packet filter rule is a drop from 0300 to 0859.

At the moment I at a loss to understand how all the timeslots for this user have been included in the web proxy profile. Basically he now has open access. I usually leave out the drop period time slots.

Tomorrow I will have to revise the list and remove the extra access periods.

Ian M
  • Hi folks,
    I have tracked back through the configuration manager (my brain) and best I can work out at some stage, 2 profiles have been merged by the ASG.

I had 2 profiles for the one user where one profile was for the permitted time slots and the other for blocked times.

Ian M[:)]
Reply Children
No Data