SIP proxy

I might also be missing something, but the SIP proxy is very different. Where do I enable transparent proxy and setup a SIP routing table for different domains? I tried a simple non-transparent configuration, but that also doesnt appear to function.
Parents
  • Hi Gert,

I'm trying to use a fresh ASG 6.993 for SIP VoIP test.
    To do that, I configured my ASG with a NAT masquerading rule and I enabled the "VoIP Security" -> "SIP":

SIP server networks: Any
    SIP client networks: 

I'm not using a SIP server behind my ASG so I believe there is not necessary to define a DNAT rule...

However, when I call from my SIP-phone, I can establish a connection but there is no voice traffic.
    Here a packet filter log line:

2007:01:19-16:29:36 (none) ulogd[2493]: id="2016" severity="info" sys="SecureNet" sub="packetfilter" name="SIP call RTP" action="SIP call RTP" fwrule="60018" initf="eth1" outitf="eth0" dstmac="00:02:b3:3a:5c:08" srcmac="00:17:c2:ef:c4:2d" srcip="192.168.60.5" dstip="x.y.z.w" proto="17" length="60" tos="0x00" prec="0xe0" ttl="126" srcport="20000" dstport="58786"

Here, 192.168.60.5 is the SIP-phone IP address and x.y.z.w is the public IP of the SIP proxy.
    The RTP port on the phone is 20000.

Why doesn't it work?
  • Hi Gert,

I'm trying to use a fresh ASG 6.993 for SIP VoIP test.
    To do that, I configured my ASG with a NAT masquerading rule and I enabled the "VoIP Security" -> "SIP":

SIP server networks: Any
    SIP client networks: 

I'm not using a SIP server behind my ASG so I believe there is not necessary to define a DNAT rule...

However, when I call from my SIP-phone, I can establish a connection but there is no voice traffic.
    Here a packet filter log line:

2007:01:19-16:29:36 (none) ulogd[2493]: id="2016" severity="info" sys="SecureNet" sub="packetfilter" name="SIP call RTP" action="SIP call RTP" fwrule="60018" initf="eth1" outitf="eth0" dstmac="00:02:b3:3a:5c:08" srcmac="00:17:c2:ef:c4:2d" srcip="192.168.60.5" dstip="x.y.z.w" proto="17" length="60" tos="0x00" prec="0xe0" ttl="126" srcport="20000" dstport="58786"

Here, 192.168.60.5 is the SIP-phone IP address and x.y.z.w is the public IP of the SIP proxy.
    The RTP port on the phone is 20000.

Why doesn't it work?
Children
  • i have the same problem. I have an astrisk server on a different subnet that i can't talk to.. Our phones use ports 10000 and up.. but i can't figure out how to get it working yet...and it looks like astaro isn't helping much on this issue either..[:S]
  • I have the same problem with V7.001! When I disable VoIP Security I can receive calls and dial but I have voice traffic!!! But when I configure VoIP Security the phone is ringing but NO voice traffic is possible! Also when I use my voip-phone I can dial but still NO voice traffic! I configured at the server option my sip-provider and the client is my voip-phone. Is this a known bug????
  • Same issue here, running the latest version - have sip proxy configured with any for internal and any for external - we have a trixbox server and multiple voip hardphones internally that function fine iwth calls to an external sip wholesaler externally - calls from remote phones to external numbers (dials the server which connects the external provider and remote phone) function fine - calls to internal extensions have no audio.