[1.950] Webadmin access for ACC and ASG in same network [NOTABUG]

Hi

I've 1 asg 7.400 (ASG120) and 1 acc 1.950 on the same network...

In gateway dashboard on the acc if I click on Webadmin it opens a popup using the public IP of my astaro.. so with a "standard" config for asg the public access to astaro from local net is not working !

Could acc detect that both asg/acc on same network and use the private ip (on same network) to connect on the asg webadmin ?

thx
  • Under Management >> Registration you can choose Agent IP. With that setting will use the IP of the box and the WebAdmin button will work.
  • On the same topic, I have found issues with certificates trying to access both ACC & ASG Webadmin. It seems the CA created is using the same name "Organisation Web Admin" (or similar). I am working on changing the ACC certificates to have a slightly different name, but haven't been successful in regenerating them correctly (trying again today).

It is only an issue if you import the certificate onto your machine. If they both have the same details, you can only get to the ASG or the ACC, depending on which cert you imported. Access to the other then breaks (you don't even get a certificate warning, IE just can't display the page).

Has anyone had any good ways of resolving this?

I am guessing one way would be to import the CA from one to the other, so they are both the same?
  • Hi,

thanks for your reports.

@Paul: Please open a new thread if you have an additional/different aspect to report, even though it might be related somehow.

@BuBU: Auto-detection might be possible but would potentially be a "bad feature" as the ACC might very well be in the same network as the ASG but the browser of the Admin trying to access the ASG might be outside that network. Hence, as Thorsten explained, you can set this to your liking in the registration dialog.

Regards,
    Henning