[2.150][QUESTION] General connectivity setup ACC/ASG

Hello Friends !

as u can see my signature i have installed 
Acc beta on software appliance and on vmware esxi ,but the problem is that i have only 1 internet connection 

can u please recommend me some way how do i configure acc and asg with 1 internet connection i can use static ip (private )from adsl router (192.168.1.2 and .3 or so )but i want to use adsl bridge with astaro  (public ip to asg's wan interface)

should i use vmware guest or hardware based acc 
do i require internet connection to acc --can u please me give possibility of usage scenario 

i never configure acc before !

thanks
Parents
  • Hi,

I am afraid that we cannot render detailed assistance for setting up your initial Internet connectivity. This is outside of the scope of this Beta contest.

To get you started: Your ASG (firewall) should be the access point to the Internet, guarding your internal systems. ACC is a crucial monitoring and management server which should be protected accordingly - hence you really should move it behind your ASG and not expose it directly to the Internet.

Your Internet gateway will have no trouble connecting to your ACC using private/internal IP addresses - for starters you can put them into the same internal network.

To allow your ACC to access the Internet (e.g. for Up2Dates), you can either configure WebSecurity on your ASG to allow ACC as a client or define packet-filter rules accordingly.

To allow your ACC to be accessed from the Internet (e.g. WebAdmin, Gateway Manager), you need to configure respective packet-filter and DNAT rules on the your Internet ASG.

Whether you use vmware, software or hardware appliance versions of ASG and/or ACC is totally irrelevant.

I also would like to use the opportunity to kindly ask you to read the documentation and online-help, especially the introductory chapters "ACC Gateway Manager - First Steps".

Regards,
    Henning
  • Hi,

I am afraid that we cannot render detailed assistance for setting up your initial Internet connectivity. This is outside of the scope of this Beta contest.

To get you started: Your ASG (firewall) should be the access point to the Internet, guarding your internal systems. ACC is a crucial monitoring and management server which should be protected accordingly - hence you really should move it behind your ASG and not expose it directly to the Internet.

Your Internet gateway will have no trouble connecting to your ACC using private/internal IP addresses - for starters you can put them into the same internal network.

To allow your ACC to access the Internet (e.g. for Up2Dates), you can either configure WebSecurity on your ASG to allow ACC as a client or define packet-filter rules accordingly.

To allow your ACC to be accessed from the Internet (e.g. WebAdmin, Gateway Manager), you need to configure respective packet-filter and DNAT rules on the your Internet ASG.

Whether you use vmware, software or hardware appliance versions of ASG and/or ACC is totally irrelevant.

I also would like to use the opportunity to kindly ask you to read the documentation and online-help, especially the introductory chapters "ACC Gateway Manager - First Steps".

Regards,
    Henning
Children
No Data