Forum admins...do you know vb 3.8.6 is now end of life and is a security threat?

It's time to move on..update to a newer version AND fix app access and android access.
Parents
  • Hi,

I am assuming all content (all threads and posts) will be copied over to the new site.

If not, I agree with Bob that the old forum should stay online in read-only mode, indefinitely.

Barry
  • BarryG is correct.  The intention is to migrate all off the existing posts with the following caveats:

We may not migrate old content.  Is there a safe cut off date?  For example if we only migrated a maximum of X years (say three) would that cause problems?

We may not migrate old and inactive user accounts.  If you haven't logged in in a year or so you may need to re-register.

We plan NOT to migrate any of the following boards and the posts within:
      • Mail Archiving (AMA)

Italian Forum

ASG V8 Betas

ASG V7 Betas

ACC Betas

Other Product Betas

About the Board

Please feel free to provide your opinions - say now or forever...regret it! [;)]

If there are any killer features you just love on vBulletin pls list them.  I can't guarantee the equivalent is available on the new platform but we are developing it now so if I hear of something specific I can raise it during this phase.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Communities Moderator, SOPHOS
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• BarryG is correct.  The intention is to migrate all off the existing posts with the following caveats:

We may not migrate old content.  Is there a safe cut off date?  For example if we only migrated a maximum of X years (say three) would that cause problems?

We may not migrate old and inactive user accounts.  If you haven't logged in in a year or so you may need to re-register.

We plan NOT to migrate any of the following boards and the posts within:
      • Mail Archiving (AMA)

Italian Forum

ASG V8 Betas

ASG V7 Betas

ACC Betas

Other Product Betas

About the Board

Please feel free to provide your opinions - say now or forever...regret it! [;)]

If there are any killer features you just love on vBulletin pls list them.  I can't guarantee the equivalent is available on the new platform but we are developing it now so if I hear of something specific I can raise it during this phase.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Communities Moderator, SOPHOS
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children