This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Client Switch Over

Hi Team,

I have 4 Ap55 in our office. i am facing some issue. my device was connected one  of my APs. but frequently my device switch over to nearest APs that time i cant able to browse. pinging happens continuously.

Thanks and Regards

K. Hari Krishnan 

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • analyze the traffic on the switchports. a possible ping is not a reason to have a stable network. AP55 or AP55c?

Sophos Platinum Partner 
    Sophos Certified Architect
    (Ceritfied UTM Architect / Certified XG Architect)

• Hi,

next to the questions of x.cr3w , can you please specify which product you're using and which firmware version? It would also help to know what channels are the APs configured on and what channel width you're using. A screenshot of a wireless scan (built-in on MacOS or using a downloadable tool on Windows) would also help.

Possible reasons for clients to migrate to another AP can be that the AP crashed/stopped offering an SSID or that signal strength or noise level cause the client to roam. Both should be visible in a wireless scan.

Kind regards,

Dirk Bolte

• Hi,

next to the questions of x.cr3w , can you please specify which product you're using and which firmware version? It would also help to know what channels are the APs configured on and what channel width you're using. A screenshot of a wireless scan (built-in on MacOS or using a downloadable tool on Windows) would also help.

Possible reasons for clients to migrate to another AP can be that the AP crashed/stopped offering an SSID or that signal strength or noise level cause the client to roam. Both should be visible in a wireless scan.

Kind regards,

Dirk Bolte

Children