This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[Implemented] Band Steering - Feature Request

Sorry if this is a duplicate, I thought I saw it on the forum at one point but just went through and didn't see it.  But if not, a feature request would be to have Band Steering in that if a client is capable of 5Ghz and signal is good enough it would put the client on 5Ghz. I started noticing in testing that alot of clients are running at 2.4Ghz with great signal when they "should" be running at 5Ghz.

Thanks 

~ Dan Russell ~

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Dan,

we are already tracking this internally in CWIFI-1441 and hope to have it soon!

Best regards,

Andreas

• Hi,

today we deployed version 1.8 which also includes band steering. You can configure it on the network page. In the current implementation, band steering is applied to all networks on an AP, so if you have network A with band steering and network B without, the AP will still do it for both. This is due to an implementation limitation at the current time and it will be improved in the future. Any feedback on this is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dirk Bolte

• Hi,

today we deployed version 1.8 which also includes band steering. You can configure it on the network page. In the current implementation, band steering is applied to all networks on an AP, so if you have network A with band steering and network B without, the AP will still do it for both. This is due to an implementation limitation at the current time and it will be improved in the future. Any feedback on this is highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dirk Bolte

Children
No Data