What are "Other Applications"?

Hi folks,

while investigating an issue with my security cameras I came across this classification in current connections. When reviewing the Application classification list there is NO "Other Applications", so how do I determine what application is being used?

I also saw the same on other devices in the connection list.

Ian

corrected typing error.
[edited by: rfcat_vk at 7:07 AM (GMT -8) on 25 Dec 2021]
Parents
  • I finally stumbled onto your answer in the manual. Basically "Other Applications" isn't an aggregation of small, misc Applications, it means that there is no Application identification. So literally, the application being used is "I don't know".

If you click on the number to the far right, it takes you to the log row(s) associated with the traffic so you can look at source and destination ports, Rule ID, etc, to attempt a manual classification. From the manual page:

Application Shows the names of applications currently connected.

Other applications lists unrecognized applications along with the rule ID of the applied firewall rule. It also lists system-generated traffic between Sophos Firewall and any zone. The rule ID is set to zero because firewall rules don't apply to system-generated traffic.
  • Thank you of rthe followup.

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Reply Children
No Data