Why is space in GUI still not properly used?

Hi,

optimized search functions and other features aside, why does WebAdmin still not scale with resolution?

We're not talking about QuadHD or 4K, I am on FullHD.

Why are certain object names like firewall rule names still being cut off after ~15 characters?

Why do I need to scroll when there is plenty space for the content to be displayed?

Don't get me wrong, I like the new "enhancements".

But GUI overhaul and issues like those aforementioned are all things that Sophos support has mentioned to be resolved in target release v19 multiple times, and now I see that it is still not being implemented.

Is it so hard to implement responsive design?

Kind regards,

cougz

Parents Reply Children
  • The main problem is not "on limited resources" but how the software has been designed. Changing one thing breaks the rest of the castle. This software lacks of modularity. To change the white space, they need to change the UI layout chosen, which will require a lot of effort. This demonstrates how bad the design is and not thinking big. During v15, I heard that TABs would not be used anymore on XG. My response was: how do you manage to link several similar windows to others? For example VPN? TAB came back in v16. Indeed, do not project XG interface on a big screen in front of your customer, as you will loose points in advance during a tender and more difficult is to explain that this change is not even planned!