Status of the migration tool

Dear Devs,

which is the status of the migration tool?

Other vendors are already supporting XG to their brand while in Sophos we cannot even migrate all settings from UTM9 to XG.

I think that v18 is mature enough for most of the UTM 9 users so a tool is needed, guys, to migrate complex installations to XG.

We would like to have an update.

Thanks

Parents
  • Hi  

Please take a look at ChrisMcCormack's post here for context.

• The UTM to XG Migration Assistant is available to Sophos Partners
    • Customers/End-Users should reach out to their Sophos Partner / Rep for more info

Note: Sophos Partners can access this blog post that provides more information

Florentino
    Director, Global Community & Digital Support

Are you a Sophos Partner? | Product Documentation@SophosSupport | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question, please use the 'Verify Answer' button.
    The Award-winning Home of Sophos Support Videos! - Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Flo,

my question is more about the status of the tool in terms of features that are still not covered by the tool.

We expect to have a tool that convert everything from UTM 9 to XG.

Certain complex installations, starting from the scratch is almost impossible, as customers have refined their configuration that is impossible to reproduce it.

Thanks

• Hello FloSupport and Luk,

give me some time and I think I will be able to tell you if the migration tool is able to migrate the configuration from UTM v9.701 to v18 EAP3-Refresh1. 

Alternatively, I will report any errors in the migration tool, if I will be able to identify them.

Regards

alda

• Hi Luciano,

(congrats for winning the TOP COMMUNITY USER xg firewall for Q4 :)

I can unterstand the migration-pain for customers and wish for an 'one-click all-inclusive happy-outcome' Tool.

I do also remember some UTM Migrations (v8-v9.1-v9.2 ?), when the Web Filtering Subsystem was changed and we had to re-configure the Web Policy everywhere.

We normally ended up discussing the current needs along future projects with customers and could sell additionally services almost all the time. E.g. regular Policy reviews or UTM Maintenance.

Nobody has to start from scratch and even UTM 9.7 Backup Migrations to XGv18 EAP still work (woth tricks) to assist with huge Objectlists.

XML API can assist as well with complex configurations. And we try to migrate all SSL VPN Users to Sophos Connect as well.

What do you mean exactly with

lferrara said:
    have refined their configuration that is impossible to reproduce it

Nobody wants simply pump a UTM config in a XG without additional reconfigurations or adjustments! E.g. Zones, User-Auth, Web Filter,...and with XGv18 (DPI, SSLx, NAT,...)

Regards Steven

• Hi Luciano,

(congrats for winning the TOP COMMUNITY USER xg firewall for Q4 :)

I can unterstand the migration-pain for customers and wish for an 'one-click all-inclusive happy-outcome' Tool.

I do also remember some UTM Migrations (v8-v9.1-v9.2 ?), when the Web Filtering Subsystem was changed and we had to re-configure the Web Policy everywhere.

We normally ended up discussing the current needs along future projects with customers and could sell additionally services almost all the time. E.g. regular Policy reviews or UTM Maintenance.

Nobody has to start from scratch and even UTM 9.7 Backup Migrations to XGv18 EAP still work (woth tricks) to assist with huge Objectlists.

XML API can assist as well with complex configurations. And we try to migrate all SSL VPN Users to Sophos Connect as well.

What do you mean exactly with

lferrara said:
    have refined their configuration that is impossible to reproduce it

Nobody wants simply pump a UTM config in a XG without additional reconfigurations or adjustments! E.g. Zones, User-Auth, Web Filter,...and with XGv18 (DPI, SSLx, NAT,...)

Regards Steven

Children
No Data