BUG - DHCP server and IPv6 assignments.

Hi folks,

During some changes to the XG I had to use the wifi connection. The XG DHCP server assigned an IP4 and IPv6 address to the wifi NIC all very good.

Now I disabled the wifi two days ago and have turned off the MBP overnight and the IPv6 address is still assigned to the MAC of the WIFI device and does not assign an IPv6 address to the LAN NIC. Yes, it has been expired and rented at power on this morning.

This happens on two MBP running Catalina and has been happening for awhile. I thought it was an issue with my wife's MBP, but no it is both MBPs.

I am going to restart the XG to see if that clears the IPv6 assignment table and assigns the address to the correct MAC address (NIC).

Ian

Parents
  • I restarted the switch, just to be on the safe side. The stupidity of the situation is I unplugged the LAN and enabled the wifi and the WIFI was assigned a new IPv6 address.

Turned off the wifi and reconnected the LAN and the IPv6 address persists.

Why don't I create a static assignment for the IPv6 LAN connection, because the DUID is wrong?

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• I restarted the switch, just to be on the safe side. The stupidity of the situation is I unplugged the LAN and enabled the wifi and the WIFI was assigned a new IPv6 address.

Turned off the wifi and reconnected the LAN and the IPv6 address persists.

Why don't I create a static assignment for the IPv6 LAN connection, because the DUID is wrong?

Ian

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

Children
No Data