Sophos XG Firewall - License activation unavailable (error XG-00151). See KB-000043485 for the latest updates.

Sophos XG 18.5.1.326 is Kernel Panicking

Since updating to 18.5.1.326, I've noticed my firewall is Kernel Panicking at least 5 or 6 times a day. The best uptime I've been able to achieve is 4 hours. I originally suspected hardware, but have since moved the XG to new hardware. Has anyone else seen this issue?



Edited TAGs
[edited by: emmosophos at 7:38 PM (GMT -7) on 22 Oct 2021]
Parents
  • Hello there,

    Thank you for contacting the Sophos Community.

    Adding to what rfcat mentioned, please check the syslog.log csc.log applog.log and /var/cores.

    Regards,


     
    Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.
  • Nothing in the logs i could see that was relevant. I ended up switching back to 18.0 firmware and firewall was stable. Re-applied the 18.5.1 update and so far it's been stable. (18 hours).

  • Spoke too soon. Just kernel panicked again. 14 hours. Only did it on 18.5. Switched back to 18.0 again to see if its better uptime...

    System: Dell Optiplex 780 SFF

    CPU: Intel E8400
    RAM: 4GB
    HDD: SATA SSD 120GB
    NIC: Intel PCI Dual Ethernet

    Note the system had been completely stable since about April; the issue appears to have only started happenign since the 18.5.1 update. I switched back to 18.0.5 MR-5 build 586 and so far it's been stable again. Also I noticed the certificate error I had where my imported certs weren't being trusted even with the appropriate CA certs being loaded has now resolved itself since switching back. 

    Still not seeing anything relevant in the logs. I've set up a recorder to capture the screen output next time it panicks. Its only on the screen for 1 or 2 seconds,

Reply
  • Spoke too soon. Just kernel panicked again. 14 hours. Only did it on 18.5. Switched back to 18.0 again to see if its better uptime...

    System: Dell Optiplex 780 SFF

    CPU: Intel E8400
    RAM: 4GB
    HDD: SATA SSD 120GB
    NIC: Intel PCI Dual Ethernet

    Note the system had been completely stable since about April; the issue appears to have only started happenign since the 18.5.1 update. I switched back to 18.0.5 MR-5 build 586 and so far it's been stable again. Also I noticed the certificate error I had where my imported certs weren't being trusted even with the appropriate CA certs being loaded has now resolved itself since switching back. 

    Still not seeing anything relevant in the logs. I've set up a recorder to capture the screen output next time it panicks. Its only on the screen for 1 or 2 seconds,

Children