this is a continuation from this thread ;
My Hardware is as follows;
I have a VMware 6.7 virtual system that is host to current 2 VMs
- Sophos XG v18 MR3 HA in Active-Passive setup.
- They VM have 2 x CPU, 6Gb RAM, 60Gb HDD & 3 x NIC (the NIC are VMXnet3 Cards within VMware).
I had installed and setup v18 MR3 in an active-passive ha setup without any issues, and it was configured in less than 10 minutes.
Upgrading to v18 MR4 was another matter.
- I tried to upgrade the firmware via the usual place, but was denied stating it was in HA configuration.
- disabled HA, and then upgraded both the units.
- tried to configure HA, and this is where it just wouldn't identify the other (Passive) unit.
it even got stuck with HA being in an inconsistent state.
on the Active unit the GUI would free on refresh with the following screen
when I ran the command 'system HA disable' it stated that it was already disabled.
this is on MR4, and both units were on MR4 before trying to re-connect.
I have the systems still there but have had to rebuild from scratch.
any help or guidance on this would be helpful and may well be for others who come across this.
LuCar Toni you said in the previous thread that this is a known bug, I could only see four bugs for HA, and neither seemed to represent the one I am experiencing;
- NC-62868 [HA] HA - Certificate Sync fails in Aux
- NC-64269 [HA] IPv6 MAC based rule not working when traffic is load balanced to Auxiliary
- NC-64907 [HA] The auxiliary appliance crashes when broadcast packet is generated from it
- NC-61282 [Firewall, HA] Failed to enable HA when a New XG is replaced in place of another XG
This thread was automatically locked due to age.