this is a continuation from this thread ;
My Hardware is as follows;
I have a VMware 6.7 virtual system that is host to current 2 VMs
I had installed and setup v18 MR3 in an active-passive ha setup without any issues, and it was configured in less than 10 minutes.
Upgrading to v18 MR4 was another matter.
it even got stuck with HA being in an inconsistent state.
on the Active unit the GUI would free on refresh with the following screen
when I ran the command 'system HA disable' it stated that it was already disabled.
this is on MR4, and both units were on MR4 before trying to re-connect.
I have the systems still there but have had to rebuild from scratch.
any help or guidance on this would be helpful and may well be for others who come across this.
LuCar Toni you said in the previous thread that this is a known bug, I could only see four bugs for HA, and neither seemed to represent the one I am experiencing;
I assume, the Bug causes the appliance in total to break which will lead to a invalid state after all.
If you install two completely new appliances with images, it should work.
If you reuse the old images…
You rebuild from scratch - Did you reimagethe appliance (use a new VM) or did you factory reset the appliance?
Can you give us details about the exact steps you ran into this problem?
BTW: Can you confirm, you started the QuickHA Mode and stopped the discovery and this break the HA page?
I can confirm that I started the QuickHA mode, but this action broke the whole HA feature, and this gets backed up with the config, and when restoring the config also does not allow me to stop/disable to HA configuration.
please note I have only three rules, and not much else as it is a home version.
as I am now unable to disable HA mode from the GUI or CLI, I will have to rebuild from scratch and not from backup config file.
XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!
We could reproduce this issue and it seems to be related to a invalid QuickHA Mode attempt and stopping / interrupting this process will freeze the HA Page. For references: NC-66978: HA page stuck after enabling Quick HA
thanks LuCar Toni it's good to know, if you need them I still have the failed vmware images.
LuCar Toni, I do believe that the configuration of the QuickHA is borked, I tried to connect the primary to the auxiliary;
1. The primary was all Configured and ready to go.
2. the passive router I did nothing to, I reset it to factory defaults, I was then given the option to configure using QuickHA on the initial screens on initial config.
this just would not work, and I tried a number of times today, it seems that I have to go into interactive mode.
If you reuse the old images, which already had this issue, it will break all the time. Its a matter of database defect, which causes this issue.
I had this exact same issue.
Was on the phone to support for hours and they couldn't fix it.
QuickHA seems to break in MR4.
I updated both my appliances to MR4 and then did a vanilla quickHA, then I get exactly as you did, the UI froze on the HA screen, with hastatustext.
The passive side seems to do nothing, but it doesn't freeze.
Restoring a config from backup has the same issue, in fact you can see the ha isn't setup in the restore but the UI is stuck on "stop HA discovery" or what ever it says if you click it nothing happens.
Setting up via interactive mode was my work around (after reconfiguring my whole device).
I have a support ticket open for this.
glad you found a work around nothing on my boxes worked I had to default each image and rebuild from scratch.
I would love to know what you find out from the support ticket.
Oh that only worked after factory defaulting each unit and re-doing the config. I backed it up before setting up HA this time, so when I tested quickha again, I could restore the "working" config.