Will there be any computer level access to this plugin?

Hi there,

Hopefully I am not missing something obvious, but will there be any computer level access to this plugin? What I mean by that is, from the computer management screen, will there be an interface to perform actions / review the sophos status of the machine the technician is working on?

What I am referring to would be similar to the Warranty Master plugin in the image below.

To improve the workflow, technicians would have the machine open they are working on anyway, so having an interface to see the status, and most importantly, disable tamper protection directly from the computer screen seems to make a lot of sense.

Given the speed of the main interface for the plugin, I am not entirely sure if my techs would use it, and not just log in to central to do what they need. I imagine it would be quicker if it was doing less API calls dealing with an individual computer.

The secondary part of this would be, given the (slow) transition for ConnectWise Automate to web, is there any planned interface in the new web control centre?

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi Aaron, thank you for trying our plugin and your comments.  Let me see if I can address them in order

1. I believe you are asking if we will allow management of Sophos devices from the Connectwise computer management screen?

A: All management interfaces, including tamper protection management will, for the time being, be interacted with only via the Sophos plugin interface.

2. Management capabilities?

A: We will expose Sophos endpoint capabilities within our plugin interface to perform the following actions:

• Endpoints
      • Manage tamper protection
      • Force a Scan
      • Force a definition update
      • Delete an endpoint from Sophos Central
    • Alerts
      • Acklowledge
      • Clean PUA
      • Clean a Virus
      • Autthorize a PUA

3. Performance of application

A: We are continually working to improve and ensure the application performs at scale for our partner base up to 25k endpoints via local database improvements.  Additionally in the near future we will be raising the API throttling limit to ensure we can scale to the volume of requests that come in.

4. ConnectWise SaaS integration plans

A: We don't currently have any plans to integrate with their SaaS application at this time.

• Hi Aaron, thank you for trying our plugin and your comments.  Let me see if I can address them in order

1. I believe you are asking if we will allow management of Sophos devices from the Connectwise computer management screen?

A: All management interfaces, including tamper protection management will, for the time being, be interacted with only via the Sophos plugin interface.

2. Management capabilities?

A: We will expose Sophos endpoint capabilities within our plugin interface to perform the following actions:

• Endpoints
      • Manage tamper protection
      • Force a Scan
      • Force a definition update
      • Delete an endpoint from Sophos Central
    • Alerts
      • Acklowledge
      • Clean PUA
      • Clean a Virus
      • Autthorize a PUA

3. Performance of application

A: We are continually working to improve and ensure the application performs at scale for our partner base up to 25k endpoints via local database improvements.  Additionally in the near future we will be raising the API throttling limit to ensure we can scale to the volume of requests that come in.

4. ConnectWise SaaS integration plans

A: We don't currently have any plans to integrate with their SaaS application at this time.

Children
No Data