This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Connectwise Automate Feedback & Questions.

Please use this space to create a new post for issues you are having if you do not see a post already created for your issue.  We will also welcome feature functionality feedback, enhancement requests, and general questions.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I'm assigning tenants to all our clients, but there are a fair number of mismatches between Automate and Central. For instance, a single client in Automate may have multiple locations, and each location has its own tenant in Central. I am unable to assign multiple tenants to a single client. It seems I am also unable to assign clients to tenants.

Is there a way to assign tenants to locations in Automate, rather than clients? Any other solution that I'm not seeing? Thank you for the help.

• I'm assigning tenants to all our clients, but there are a fair number of mismatches between Automate and Central. For instance, a single client in Automate may have multiple locations, and each location has its own tenant in Central. I am unable to assign multiple tenants to a single client. It seems I am also unable to assign clients to tenants.

Is there a way to assign tenants to locations in Automate, rather than clients? Any other solution that I'm not seeing? Thank you for the help.

Children
  • Hi Eric, We explicitly disallowed the functionality to assign clients across multiple tenants as it opens up the possibility for issues to occur with miss matches of installers across tenants that are not related.  This could then cause regulatory issues with policies such as GDPR.

• I think I should clarify on behalf of Eric: The issue is that our relationships with our customers are at the SITE level, not the over-arching COMPANY level. All of the Connectwise stack is built this way (or at least is built to have this option). If we have a customer with two sites, they have an agreement for each individual site - those sites are then given different tenants in Sophos. (This is actually more compliant with the needs of GDPR, even though that's not a concern for us.)

Bottom line: the tenant link in Automate should be moved to the SITE, down from the COMPANY. We modified the 'old' plugin ourselves so that if an installation link existed at the site level, it overrode the one at the company level - so if it was a single site customer, we just applied the install link to the company, but for multisite companies with separate agreements per site, we specified them at the site.

At present, we cannot link/sync our multisite customers.

• Elias, just following up on this. Seeing as you explicitly disallowed this functionality, is there any plan/workaround being developed for the future? I appreciate any suggestions.