Third-party bookmarks program no longer being saved from sandbox

SB 5.33.1. Win 10 Pro. Chrome fully up-to-date.

I use a very reliable third-party bookmarks program called miTaggedMarks (mTM).

mTM has co-existed with SB since at least 09 Feb 2017 (the date of my oldest mTM installation EXE).

Recently, when I close mTM, any bookmarks inserted during an SB session are not saved. There are no error messages.

However, I'm given the option to save any test downloads within SB during that session - such as PDFs.

If I now run mTM non-SB, insert some bookmarks and close mTM, these new bookmarks are saved correctly.

IMHO, that proves the fault lies with SB.

Further info: When I insert a bookmark in the sandboxed mTM, I can see the entry here:

C:\Sandbox\<username>\DefaultBox\user\current\AppData\Roaming\miTaggedMarks\<variousDataFiles>

The date and time are correct.

I would be grateful for any advice that allows me to use mTM within SB.

Thanks.

Parents Reply
  • Hi @, thanks for response.

Your line of questioning pointed me in the right direction - so problem solved. Thanks.

>>  What is the Direct Access path for miTaggedMarks bookmarks repository?

Sorry. I'm not a techie. I don't know what a "Direct Access path" is. Is that related to VPN? I'm not using VPN. The only "Direct Access" that I know of is the update from the old "Sequential Access" that was used in the earlier tapes.

Also, I don't think there's any repository. It's just a simple DOS folder (directory) with files, in the path in my OP. There's no meta-data.

>>  First time touching miTM

I'm not sure what "touching" means.

>> I was not able to successfully call URLs from miTM dashboard, outside browser sandbox. 

I don't understand the English. Maybe you could rearrange the sentence to make sense. I'm aware that you are not able to do something - but I can't work out what it is that you are unable to do. Sorry.

Thanks for your help.

Children
  • Um, when/if you want to write outside the sandbox.  You need to open a hole.  You open a hole by designating a path.  A Direct Access path within Sandboxie configuration.
    https://www.sandboxie.com/ResourceAccessSettings#file

First time touching miTM means first time downloaded, first time installed, first time run, first time looked at, first time seen, first time used, first time touched the program miTM

When I called (linked to - clicked on) a bookmark from within miTM....Chrome blank page opened and never landed (never resolved - never reached) on the called bookmark.

I imagined miTM as a bookmark manager.  When I want to save (write outside browser sandbox) a newly created bookmark outside my browser sandbox.   I need to open a hole.  I need to allow direct access for the bookmark.  I need to allow the bookmark to be saved outside (written outside) the sandbox.  Written to my real not sandboxed environment.  

Maybe, miTM is not an integrated browser bookmark manager.  As I wrote: first time touching miTM. When I use a program.  I touch the program and the program touches = leaves an impression, leaves changes on my true or sandboxed environment. 

How do you describe asking for a bookmarked page to open.  I say > call the bookmark.  When I launch a program.  I call the program.  When I launch an executable file.  I'm calling the executable.  How do you describe asking for a bookmarked page to open.

When I open a program.  I call the program.  When I open a bookmark. I call the bookmark page.  When I want to save a bookmark outside my browser sandbox.  I've allowed direct access for the bookmark to be saved outside the sandbox.

Happy to read "problem solved" ....what ever the problem is/was. 

Regards w Respect