[NC-51941] Netflix error

Hello,

I recorded the V18 and everything went free.

When I started Netflix, it aborts after 24%, Prime Video works.

I have tested everything at Netflix but I always get aborts. I started 17.5.8 and Netflix runs without problems. Does anyone have an idea?

Does anyone know if dhcpv6-pd was implemented with v18?

• Do you have a SSLx Rule for TLS encryption for your Client in place? 

• In reply to LuCar Toni:

No.

I am using the trial version at home for the first time.

• In reply to Christos Vassiliou:

There is no Trial for Home.

If you download the Home Version, this version is for free until year 2999. 

https://www.sophos.com/en-us/products/free-tools/sophos-xg-firewall-home-edition.aspx

Nevertheless, post your Firewall Rule and your SSLx rule, lets see, what is going on there. 

• Hi ,

Thanks for the feedback.Sending you PM for more details 

Thanks,

Rana Sharma

• Just as a me too post... I had the same error tonight. Netflix got to 26% and then just sits there mocking me. Swapping back to v17 resolved it straight away. 

- Clean install of v18. No migration.

- Setup assistant, with all security services not ticked.

- No further modifications to the firewall or nat rules.

• In reply to MatthewHealey:

Can you provide more details on how you were accessing Netflix:

- Operating system/platform

- Browser or native app

Netflix uses significantly different methods for accessing content depending on the way you access it.

• In reply to RichBaldry:

Nothing particularly interesting, just the Netflix app running on an XboxOne with whatever the current version of both of those are.

• In reply to MatthewHealey:

Thank you, that is helpful information. As I said, Netflix uses different methods on different platforms with different client so it's important and interesting to know where we might need to chase a problem.

• In reply to RichBaldry:

Hello,

with me it is the PS4, Samsung TV and my son told me yesterday also on the PC with Windows 10

• I found a solution but it's not normal ...

Change your web filtering and Application control to Allow All ... it' will work !

It's not normal at all ! Because with the none filter, your traffic normally bypass the application proxy... so no filtering !

I already have this kind of problems with some customers on 17.5 ... When you see that it doesn t work or slow traffic, try to change to allow all instead of none :)

I think that sophos need to check this point !!!! 

Regards !

• In reply to MatthieuPares:

Hi ,

Thanks for feedback.Sending you PM for more details and debug information. 

Thanks,

Rana Sharma

• In reply to MatthieuPares:

Exactly the same behavior here. Panasonic TV running the Netflix application. Worked on 17.5MR8 using a simple "allow all" policy from source address of the TV.

After upgrading to 18EAP1 i needed to "allow all"  on application and web in the policy as described by MatthieuPares.

• In reply to BasSanders:

BasSanders

Exactly the same behavior here. Panasonic TV running the Netflix application. Worked on 17.5MR8 using a simple "allow all" policy from source address of the TV.

After upgrading to 18EAP1 i needed to "allow all"  on application and web in the policy as described by MatthieuPares.

I am looking for more information.

What is different from the working Allow All policy you had in 17.5 and the working Allow All policy you have in 18.0?

• In reply to Michael Dunn:

The real question is why there is filter with none  :)

Because none will normaly provide forward without Proxy filter ... So very hard to block with just Statefull firewall.

Regards

Matthieu

• In reply to Michael Dunn:

Sorry for the confusion: at 17.5MR8 i had an Allow all policy, with filters set to NONE!

Important addition obviously...