Ad-Blocker warnings while accessing a URL

Hello,

when i try to access www.spiegel.de (a german news site) i get an adblocker warning:

What can i do to make this site work? The logs stills shows the advertisements being blocked, even when i put the site on the exeption list for content filtering etc.

But i dont want to unblock these advertisement sites generally. In UTM9 you can put a site on a exeption list, so that the commercials wont be blocked for that specific site.  

Thank you for your help.

• Hi,

please post you exception rule?

I have adblocking enabled on my XG and I can access that site without that warning, so I suspect it something on you PC that is causing the block.

Ian

• In reply to rfcat_vk:

Hello,

here we go:

Exeptions:

Logs:

Even on my apple device it gets bocked, so it's no additional software on my PC.

• In reply to TheBalmasque:

Hi,

in your firewall rule what are your web and application settings. Do you get this failure on other sites? Have you tuned the block ads rule at all?

Ian

• In reply to rfcat_vk:

Hey,

Spiegel online uses a different advertising technique like Bild.de
    You can see in your logfiles which providers are blocked. You have to whitelists these providers or turn the advertising filter off.

[in German]

Spiegel online nutzt eine andere Werbetechnik wie bsp. Bild.de etc.
    Du siehst doch in deinen Logfiles, welche Werbe Anbieter gesperrt werden. Alle diese Anbieter musst du Whitelisten oder halt den Werbefilter abschalten. Eine andere möglichkeit gibt es nicht!

Gruß

• In reply to Basti:

Hi,

I know my ad blocking works most of the time, but not for everything which is a bit annoying. I had to put in an exception for my wife to access the idness.cz site.

Most of the failures are classification issues by Sophos.

Ian

• In reply to Basti:

Thank you for your help. Smile

[in German]

Hallo, ich habe es heute noch mal auf der Arbeit ausgetestet und sowohl www.Spiegel.de als auch www.Bild.de werden ohne Adblocker-Meldungen geladen. Auch zuhause hatte ich damit bisher keine Probleme. Trotzdem werde ich die Seiten jetzt mal testhalber sperren.

• In reply to TheBalmasque:

rfcat_vk

Most of the failures are classification issues by Sophos.

Yes thats true. The classification is very strange for some sites.

TheBalmasque

[in German]

Hallo, ich habe es heute noch mal auf der Arbeit ausgetestet und sowohl www.Spiegel.de als auch www.Bild.de werden ohne Adblocker-Meldungen geladen. Auch zuhause hatte ich damit bisher keine Probleme. Trotzdem werde ich die Seiten jetzt mal testhalber sperren.

Also wenn ich Bild aufrufe erhalte ich immer die Adblocker Meldung. Keine Ahnung wie du diese aufrufen kannst, bei mir geht es jedenfalls nicht. Einige Seite überprüfen anhand der Werbetechnik, ob die Werbung überhaupt ausgeliefert wurde. Wenn dies nicht der Fall ist erhält man diese Meldung. Abhilfe schafft wie gesagt nur die jeweilige Werbeanbieter Seite auf die Whitelist zu setzen (also entsperren) und die Werbung zu ertragen....

Gruß

• In reply to Basti:

For bild.de I ended up with the following Web Exception patterns (after several tries):

^acdn\.adnxs\.com/as/1h/pages/bild\.js

^([A-Za-z0-9.-]*\.)?smartadserver\.com/diff/251/

However I had no problems with spiegel.de so far... could you please try to load the page in a private/incognito browser window to get rid of old browser cache content?

• In reply to Dom Nik:

Hallo zusammen,

es war die folgende Adresse: imagesrv.adition.com/

Diese habe nun in den Ausnahmen eingetragen. Vielen Dank an euch alle. Yes

(english)

Hello together,

it was the following adress: imagesrv.adition.com/

I have added the adress to my exeption list. Thank you all for your help. Yes