24hr internet disconnect caused by Azure S2S IPsec connection

Hello,
I have a bit of a weird behavior of my S2S connection from my Sophos XG Home Firewall to the Azure Cloud. My internet connection drops every 24hrs to the minute for around 1 minute until it gets reconnected. So does the S2S IPsec connection.
I have already seen in the KB article that the reconnects are "normal" for the Azure S2S connection. Should this internet drop also be normal?

Note from the KB article:
Azure must re-key the IKE_SA by deleting the expired IKE_SA and creates a new connection, which leads to some seconds of down time.

Also after the reconnect the automatic reconnection to two peered subnets does not work anymore.
Any suggestions how I can change this behavior?

Best regards!
  • After 2 months without any reply I hope a bump is ok :).

The behavior still exists as stated above. The only possible solution to end the internet disconnects is disabling the VPN in general and only activate it on demand when I'm connecting to my azure lab. This is ok for my home network but definatly not an option for customers. Also it is interesting that the subnets are not reconnecting after the automatic disconnect.

• In reply to Akilae:

I have the same Issue, Azure tunnel goes up and down all the time also my subnets are not reconnecting after the automatic disconnect.

• In reply to Xavier Rosa:

Guys,

this is primarily a user to user forum and just because you post an issue in here does not mean you will get an answer.

If you have an issue you need to create a support case.

Ian