SFOS v17.1.0 GA is now available.

Hi Customers,

We have released SFOS v17.1.0 GA but the release is available as a manual upgrade to all SFOS versions via MySophos portal.

We will release the On-the-box upgrade (new firmware available pop-up & Check for new Firmware) later. A

Release Notes: https://community.sophos.com/products/xg-firewall/b/xg-blog/posts/sfos-17-1-0-ga-released 

Kind regards,

• God help me, I loaded it on my home XG firewall.  We'll see how it goes, the update was successful but it took a long time, I was getting nervous.  The new XG logo is...interesting.  

• Another new feature not listed above:

Captive Portal, Sandstorm, and other pages can now be configured to use the hostname and not IP.  This allows for a purchased certificate to cover those pages and reduce certificate warnings.

Please see here for more.

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/132058

• In reply to Michael Dunn:

Hi,

not currently in a position to install the v17.1, but did review the release notes and have commented in another forum about some features already being v17.0.8 mr8

Ian

• One thing that is unclear for me,  is there any IPSEC fixes that were not already in 17.0 MR-8 ?  Im talking about this particularity  "

• NC-30979 [IPsec] IPsec route can disappear if two connections use the same 

Is that only in the 17.1  line of code,  or can that be considered a bug in 17.0 MR-8 as well?

-Scott

• In reply to Scott_D_L:

bumpety bump bump.....

Sophos peeps,  any comment as to if 17.1 had any further fixes for IPSEC  VPN over and above what is in 17.0 MR-8 ?  ( Interested in this on 17.1:

• NC-30979 [IPsec] IPsec route can disappear if two connections use the same   (not sure if this release note got cut off or what but not much info there)

-Scott

• In reply to Scott_D_L:

I believe Talex answered in the release notes thread that the IPSec enhancements called out in the release notes are not in MR8.

• In reply to Bill Roland:

Ugh, my bad.  Indeed he did.   Thanks Bill.

-Scott

• Hi, I am a Privatuser (not commerziell). How can I get a costfree XG Software License, like costfree UTM Licenses? 

• In reply to Rainer Dendorfer:

Hi,

you create an account and apply for a  licence on the Sophos portal, for home user it is a bit convoluted.

The hardware limits are 4 real CPUs and 6gb of ram.

Ian

• In reply to rfcat_vk:

Hi, Thank you! The Problem is, I have a Shuttlebox DS437, Inside is a Celeron with 2 Cores. So I think SFOS cannot run with a license, because 

it will be proofed Online. So I must zwitchback to UTM 7, it normaly runs good. friendly regards from Northgermany, Rainer  

• In reply to Rainer Dendorfer:

Hi,

that will work with XG also depend on the amount of memory you have installed, I was just advising the maximum condfiguration for a home licence.

Ian