XG Firewall - Roadmap?

Hej,

is there a roadmap for the XGs for the next major versions and the planned functions?

Thanks.

• In reply to Argo:

The following informations about upcoming releases have reached me via Newsletter.

Last week we released MR1 for XG Firewall, which contains a couple of important fixes for the Early Access Program (EAP) for Central Management of XG Firewall.

The next MR to be released to all customers will come on February 10 with much anticipated support for our new APX Wireless Access Points and Airgap Support. Expect more news and information on that as we get closer to launch day. This maintenance release will be called MR3.

Then we expect another Maintenance Release in early March (MR4), with additional features like Encrypted Backups and Backup Management from Sophos Central.

In Summary:

• MR1 – Central Management EAP Fixes – Available Now
    • MR3 – APX and Airgap Support – February 10
    • MR4 – Backup Features - March

If you have any questions about the updates, please contact your Sophos representative for more information.

• In reply to HuberChristian:

Hello

Any development on what's coming in March ? I mean, is there anything more covered than just Backup ?

Paul Jr 

• In reply to Big_Buck:

Hello Big_Buck,

maybe we will know something new this Friday, because this Friday is for Sophos partners planned presentation of a roadmap.

Regards

alda

• In reply to alda:

Where you can subscribe to that presentation as a partner?

• In reply to alda:

alda

Hello Big_Buck,

maybe we will know something new this Friday, because this Friday is for Sophos partners planned presentation of a roadmap.

Regards

alda

Any Updates from Friday?

• In reply to alda:

So ? Anything from the planned presentation ?

Paul Jr

• In reply to Big_Buck:

Crickets...

I'm still looking for a comprehensive feature comparison between current SG/UTM and XG. Haven't found one yet - just snippets. Even Sophos' own comparison document isn't much help since it lacks a date/version.

It sure would be nice if Sophos would publish a comprehensive matrix and along with roadmap details.

• In reply to Arie:

Dead Crickets...

That .pdf is very outdated.  I consulted it at the begining of 2017 ...

Paul Jr

• In reply to Big_Buck:

Any updates on the Roadmap?

• In reply to tom greene:

not only dead crickets, dead wicket.

Ian

• In reply to alda:

Information about the presentation would be very interesting. Especially details about SFOS v18....

• In reply to MichaelSeiwald:

Do not expect v18 before 2020 ...  

Paul Jr

• In reply to Big_Buck:

Hello all,

what I heard and saw (unofficially):

- v18 Beta - for partners April/May
    - v18 GA - September / October
    - v18.5 - Q1 2020

Regards

alda

• In reply to alda:

Hej,

thanks for the information. Too bad that this is not official, but at least a start. :-)

I'm hoping for 2019, but I think it'll be more like 2020.

• In reply to alda:

And any details about what's new in v18?