XG Firewall - Roadmap?

Hej,

is there a roadmap for the XGs for the next major versions and the planned functions?

Thanks.

• Hi ,

Next major release is 17.1 and expected by end March 2018.

Regards, Ronak.

• In reply to Ronak Sheth:

Hej Ronak,

is there a list of the features of 17.1? 

Thanks.

• In reply to Steppenwolf:

Hi Steppen,

So far, I've found only something like this:

Regards
    Jan

• In reply to Ronak Sheth:

Next major release is 17.1 and expected by end March 2018 ... Bump.

• In reply to Big_Buck:

Just remember guys that 17.0.6 mr6 was late. I am not making excuses just pointing out.

I am also hoping there will be more than shown in the post above, otherwise another disappointing release with no real security or functionality improvements.

There are so many things that need fixing or enhancing.

Ian

• In reply to Big_Buck:

Agree, we need to see a more detailed Roadmap. 

• In reply to tom greene:

Hi all,

Two weeks ago, the "sophos-xg-firewall-v17-1-whats-new" document was published  sophos-xg-firewall-v17-1-whats-new.pdf.
    The v17.01 version is expected to be available in April.

Regards
    Jan

• In reply to JanSadlik:

Hi,

thank you for posting the update. Interestingly some of the wireless features are already available in v17.0.6 wifi 11.0.1.

Ian

• In reply to rfcat_vk:

Hi

Shoud We expect V17.1 In this week????

Vishvas

• In reply to VishvasChitale:

VishvasChitale what do you need that will come with v17.1 ???  For my curiosity.

• In reply to Big_Buck:

I am expecting certain fixes from Development team and most awaiting is Synchronized Application Control further development  to put for practical use !!!!!!

• In reply to Big_Buck:

From what I was told 17.1 will also include fix for static ip PPPoE VPN users that have a tunnel that wont re-establish.  So that's a new vpn fix that hasn't been available to this point as well.  

• Sophos Firewall Roadmap

XG v17.1

XG v17.1 will be released in April at the latest.

• Synchronized Application Control (SAC) - Various improvements and more well-known software
    • CASB Visibliity - Even more insight into the shadow IT
    • Email Protection - Per-user controls over black/allow list & exeptions
    • Migration Tool from SG to XG (Sounds great, but unfortunately it’s not “yet”. Much is not taken over.)
    • Support for new hardware models XG85 - XG135 Rev. 3

XG v17.2

• Stonewalling - When an endpoint is infected, the firewall stops other clients from communicating with it to prevent it from spreading across the network.
    • Central Management & Reporting - Cloud Management and Reporting from the Firewall
    • Email Protection - BATV/SPF/AD User verification - This will finally bring important features to the XG. The XG MTA is completely replaced by the UTM.
    • Support for the new APX access points
    • IPS TALOS categorization

XG v17.3

XG v17.3 will also be released this year. Here is a small extract of the expected features. More detailed explanations will be given by us shortly before the release.

• Lateral Movement Detection - Leverage Firewall to detect lateral movement attempts from Eps
    • Device Discovery and IOT - Device detection and identification with Deep Learning
    • Email Protection - DKIM Protection
    • Air Gap Licensing Support - Support from enviroment where Internert access is limited for Firewall licensind and synchronisation
    • Web & Firewall - Support classrom-wide URL overrides, Automatic firewall rule groupings

www.avanet.com/.../

• In reply to SOS2000:

"XG v17.1 will be released in April at the latest." On a positive note, let's hope that Sophos will iron out all bugs even though it'll be released later than promised.

• In reply to SOS2000:

Hej,

any news about Common Criteria EAL Certification for XG v17?